• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone tried the celeron 1000 mhz/overclocked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mastsablaster

Registered
I just checked on the 900 mhz celeron chip and was thinking of getting one or pay extra for a 1000 mhz chip to run on my MSI 6163 BX Master mombo.

Just checking back ,so if any good words on the 1000 mhz celeron chip as to its overclockablilty..The current online prices are dropping quickly..I would gladly accept any good feed back on the bx chip sets overclockability over 1000 mhz..:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi mastsablaster, welcome to the Forum,
The Cellie 800, and probably also the 850 & 900Mhz are very OCable for the 'lower' multiplier, but with the others (1Ghz & 1.1Ghz) is more difficult to go with the classic 133Mhz of Fsb, or more, coz they use multip. of 10 and 11 that decreases the OC chance. I haven't tried, but for me the best way to go are the Cellie's 800-900 with stepping revision cD0.

I hope it helps you :)

Back