• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU or Mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

I have already checked out the "Help my PC wont boot" faq. Heres a brief problem description. Basically my pc keeps resetting (this is how it started but has gotten worse) I get blue screen talking about drivers etc. Finally I started getting corrupt file errors so I reformatted and clean installed windows, no luck.

I RMA'd my HDD because it started to seem alot like a data problem. My new HDD is installed and the problem persists. Now my pc just boots to the ASUS splash screen and hangs for awhile then I boot to BIOS (that is all I can do) it says no Hard Disks were detected. I have also noticed that my case fan isnt working all of a sudden. Here's a checklist from the FAQ

1. Make sure everything is plugged in correctly and the power supply switch is on. *CHECK*
2. Make sure all the hardware is seated properly. *CHECK*
3. Check for Beep Codes. ONLY ONE SINGLE BEEP
4. Disconnect all non-essential components. *CHECK*
5. Reset CMOS. *CHECK*
6. Check to see that there is a fan plugged into CPU Fan Header. *CHECK* CPU FAN IS WORKING
7. Test the “on” switch. *CHECK*
8. Make sure standoffs are not shorting out the motherboard. *CHECK*
9. Make sure the heatsink is contacting the core correctly. *CHECK*
10. Swap out parts and test for what is causing the problem. *CHECK* NOT MUCH ELSE TO DO

It's a cheap L&C 350w. I dont have a multmeter but I could probably get one. How do I test the voltages?

On another note I was thinking if anyone knows how to read debuggin information I could send them a kernel memory dump file.

Last edited:
Back