• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy a winchester with garunteed steppings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

When I got my mobile 2600+, it was the one from excaliberpc everyone said was hot. When it ran [email protected] I was as happy as a baby on a candy diet. Now that I am looking at 90nm/939, where can I buy one of these garunteed chips at? Preferably not much overpriced, im on a budget here. I was thinking $180 MAX, preferably closer to $160.

:( Not happening. Most gaurnteed steppings are about $30 more than retail. Abeit its worth it, however its out of your price range.

Just get a retail.

What is a good stepping? How to tell etc... I heard about the new E stepping, not out yet.

I bought mine from ZZF for $145, runs flawless on 1v.

amd3000.jpg

Also, one word of caution. Do NOT buy an OEM cpu. There is news that AMD *accidentally* sold as much as a million defective CPU into retail markets. No offical word from AMD

How can u "accidenlty" sell that many bad cpus when they are ALL tested before they leave?!?! but then again why would they sell them if they knew that they where defective that would just hurt them and BAD at that...maybe it is just a rumor..or could that be why some of the newer winnes arn't running prime?

Hmm. I've heard that it wasn't an accidental sale but rather an organised theft and probably an inside job at that. It was from the Dresden plant, so it's going to effect Europe the most. Especially ebay.

EDIT - You said it now anyway Sen. Lorry hi-jack on the way to wherever they were to be destroyed I believe.

Back