• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my power supply at risk?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RAMMAN

my 400w psu came with my silver Xblade case that i purchased on ebay.i noticed in the bios that the ddr voltage fluctuates between 2.62v and 2.64v.is that normal?the air coming from my psu is quite warm but smells okay.is my psu hindering my gfx card ocing attempts?and is there any risk of my psu going up in smoke,taking out all my expensive components?and would you recommend the ocz 600w powerstream psu?need advice from a number of people who knows what their talking about.check my signature for information on my system specs.

Well that also depends on temps, I'm not too familar with how high the new cards go. But if the temps are nice and low I figure it should help a bit. When I went from a Antec SL350 to TrueControl 550 it helpped my 9800Pro and CPU, but not too drastic, a 10-20mhz here and there.

I found that mobos can't be trusted or even for reporting fluctuations correctly, and in one case the mobo said that the +12V varied by a few tenths of a volt while my meter showed zilch variation. I'm sure it wasn't just a matter of the meter averaging out the readings because it can record high and low readings and even they hardly varied.

Back