• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What XT bios for 9800 Pro flash? (QUICK PLZZZ!!!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

Ok well i just got my vga silencer rev 3 and my vantec copper bga sinks put on, so its time to flash my Saphire 9800 pro 128mb 256 bit to an xt. BTW I HAVE A R60 gpu!! yaya

anyways heres some pics of my card now

stock
stock6gw.jpg

stock again (other side)
stock24sj.jpg

OOOO shiny R60 gpu!!!
shinygpu6np.jpg

sinks on the gpu side
sinksongpuside0in.jpg

sinks on the back side
sinksonbackside9jo.jpg

cooler and sinks installed yay
vgacoolerinstalled5bx.jpg

in the computer
coolerinpc6xt.jpg

Ok anyways, I have this ram on my card (this is exactly what it says on the chips)

Hynix Kor
HY5DU283222A
F-28 417A
W7CDG76OKQ

ya so i have Hynix ram, now my question is, which 9800 xt bios do i get?

I have a saphire 9800 pro 128mb 256bit which bios?? plz help quickly, i wanna flash tonight

thanx

I mean R360 gpu core :)

Last edited:
Honestly...since its not a 256MB Pro on a XT PCB...the flash isnt worth the bugs you will recieve...better to download Radedit and then just remod the BIOS to run at 412/365...that is if your card can even handle 412/365 100% stable...

ya the last oc i had (on stock) was 414/373 and i used the lil auto ocer on ati tool, and it runs with 3dmark fine and all the games that i played with the oc on, i never kept it on too long (only for when i was benching and stuff) since i was on stock cooling

That would be one of the correct ones...just be forewarned that you will get artifacts in 03 and 05 and some games...like FC...NF2U2...Had issues with D3 ever so often...this is not from the game or card itself, but from the modded BIOS...so there are no patches for these issues...Also...I dont get that much of a improvement over a modded Pro BIOS over the XT BIOS in most benchmarks...and dont have to worry about the artifact issues with the modded Pro BIOS either...

The only card this mod will truely work on is the Sapphire 256MB (256bit) 9800 Pro on the XT PCB...the flash will make that card a real XT since they are XT's reflashed to Pro's...

can i get the bios u have? or how do i mod it? and do i mod the one i linked? because i play NFSU2, and i used to play fc, but not anymore and i dont play doom 3 either anymore

Which memory chips do you have...the samsing or Hynix?

Also, you can go here, http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/

Scroll down to your cards match...make sure you match up the memory chips with the BIOS...and then click on advance and then change the speeds to 412/365...and then download the BIOS...then follow the steps to flash the BIOS in the XT thread...

i have hynix

hmm theres like 5 different saphire 9800 pro hynix bioses, i dunno which to get

k, can you tell me what you did to it?

so you set the speeds down? so i can still oc it higher if i can right? the other bioeses there, do they set the default to whatever speeds (higher than xt stock speeds) ?

The BIOS that I linked you to is the better sapphire 128MB hynix memory BIOS...reset to 412/365...so it will now run at default the same speeds as the XT's...thats it...if you want to mod it more then you can download the rededit above and mod it with that program...

but i can still oc right? the other bioses there all set the xt speed a lil bit higher than default right? but i can still raise it by ocing?

Bboy_Jon said:
but i can still oc right? the other bioses there all set the xt speed a lil bit higher than default right? but i can still raise it by ocing?

Yes...depending that the GPU/Memory can handle the OC you are trying...

ey can you get on aim?

anyways, in the guide it says

"placing the extracted flashrom files (DOS4GW.exe, FLASHROM.exe, FLASHROM.rom"

when i extract the zip file i got from the guide all i get is flashrom.exe and flashrom.rom, but theres no dos4gw, where do i get that?

so the modded is just setting the xt to its defaults, the other bioses load up oced speeds?

i m me at breakerdawgbob plz

ok im getting an error when trying to flash with this method

Now you are finally ready to flash. After the BIOS has been saved to your floppy type "flashrom -p 0 name.of.the.bios.bin". Flashrom should begin to flash your BIOS and you should see a final message saying "6xxxx of 6xxxx bytes verified". Once you see this message your 9800 is successfully flashed with the Radeon 9800XT BIOS. Now restart your system and continue to install the drivers of your choice. A word of caution, after flashing your monitor may flicker off while loading windows. This is normal and your monitor should return in the on mode within a few seconds. Also when you are installing your video drivers the same thing will take place. Do not worry people, this is normal.

i have everything in there, the name of my bios is

Sapphire9800XT128MBHynix.bin

i type that in, and i get an error after a few seconds

some error OFL01 or somethin, it cant find the file wtf

and with this method

If you have problems using the method above try the method below which I have tryed and tested sucessfuly

First of all take flashrom & the bios you will be flashing and put them into "C:\flashrom"

Make sure you have the bootdisk read, boot into dos, once in dos itll say "A:"

type "C: <press enter>"

then type "cd flashrom <press enter>" that will take you into "c:\flashrom"

once in there backup your bios by typing "flashrom -s 0 ORIG.BIN <press enter>" that will make a copy of your original bios and it'll put it into "C:\flashrom" as "ORIG.BIN".

after you've done that load the XT bios by typing

"flashrom -s p ATI.BIN <press enter> "
after you've done that it should tell you that its done and restart.

wtf, how do i get into the c drive?

it says when it says

A: type C: and hit enter wtf, it says invalid drive then

god dam im pissed wtf

hmm im thinking this could be the prob

in the guide it says (once again)

"placing the extracted flashrom files (DOS4GW.exe, FLASHROM.exe, FLASHROM.rom"

when i extract the zip file i got from the guide all i get is flashrom.exe and flashrom.rom, but theres no dos4gw, where do i get that?

i think i DO need that dos4gw

kk its done

9800xtyay3hs.jpg

i benched and now ima oc!!

edit: dam man, i ran scan for artifacts in ati tool and theres gpu and memory artifacts god dangit wtf

so theres no way i can have an xt?

Last edited:
Back