• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanParty nF3 250GB Problem ,

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dvxx

Registered
Hey , (i'm a complete newbie when it comes to computer hardware [ motherboard mostly ] ) I bought a DFI LanParty nF3 250GB Motherboard recently along with an AMD Athlon64 3000+ CPU and some weak graphics card.

To start off , I'm using CDROM drives from my old computer since I'm low on money.

The RAID Setup Utility only shows my harddrive and doesn't have anything else to add to the array.

I installed everything to the case and when I try to install the nVidia RAID Driver from the floppy, the computer says something about "Non-system diskette."

Should I disconnect everything except for the Floppy Drive and the CDROM drive from the mo/bo ? Please leave step-by-step instructions (keep in mind: im a noob ='( ) thanks..

How many hard drives are you using ???

You should list your specs in your sig..
easier to help you, when we know what you have.. ;)

are you trying to boot off of the NVRaid diskette? It's not meant to boot off of, it's for you install the driver during the installation of Windows 2000/XP, where you would press F6 when prompted to do so at the bottom of the screen.

DFI LAnparty UT nF3 250Gb
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
1xDDR 512mb PC3200 " pqi Turbo memory "
1xWestern Digi. 40Gig
WinFast A180Bt 128MBDDR

=/

Know Nuttin said:
are you trying to boot off of the NVRaid diskette? It's not meant to boot off of, it's for you install the driver during the installation of Windows 2000/XP, where you would press F6 when prompted to do so at the bottom of the screen.

Ah , that may be the problem but what about the " LANPARTY UT UTILITY CD"

When it asks about the " system diskette" do i enter in the Windows XP Pro disc ?

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
dude, you cant RAID with only 1 HD. RAID is for use with 2 or more HD's only. that solves one problem.

uhh .. so what do i do after i disable RAID for the hdd ?

best you google some info about building a comp before you continue. once you have a good foundation on building the comp it might be easier and you'll probably answer some of your own questions.
route b would be to take it into the shop and let them install it for you.
right now what is it that you're attempting to do? install windows? since you only have 1 hdd, all you would really need to do is connect the drive to your mobo and use a bootdisk (win98/me) to start it up. then put the xp cd into your optical drive and follow the instructions.

enter your bios, and you should be able to change the IDE controller to make it work as a regular IDE controller and not as a RAID controller

The system disk it is asking for is the OS CD to load a fresh OS onto the hard disk (I'm assuming the 40gb Western Digital has no OS on it).

Well yeah , I finished it yesterday ; installed WinXP Pro without a problem =) now the only problem is if i barely push my case , the system restarts and never boots up . Everything is properly plugged in , I believe. =/ *( learning new things everyday )*

Something must be loose.. or maybe you have a standoff where it shouldnt be and its grounding out with something..

I would unplug everything from the mobo and add one thing at a time to see if some device is causing it..

You could also set it up out of the case to see if it still does it..

rule #1 for me is build it outside the case and install software and bench, then install into case.Much easier when problems occur it also helps to have a good knowledge of your board and its bios settings. I suggest you read some stickys. that board was designed for just that purpose.(resets)

Back