• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fried?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robbykrackz

my monitor wouldnt hook up with my videocard pretty much so i thoguht maybe it was in too far so i pulled my videocard like 1/2 way out of the slot n turned it on n the heatsink like made a blue flash 2wice and everythign shut off and when i restart it only the light on the mobo goes on unless the videocard is disconnected and the heatsink fan spins for a minute, is it ruined? what should i do please help

robbykrackz said:
my monitor wouldnt hook up with my videocard pretty much so i thoguht maybe it was in too far so i pulled my videocard like 1/2 way out of the slot n turned it on n the heatsink like made a blue flash 2wice and everythign shut off and when i restart it only the light on the mobo goes on unless the videocard is disconnected and the heatsink fan spins for a minute, is it ruined? what should i do please help

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

BAD IDEA!!!!

What heatsink made the flash? Video? CPU? mobo?

It poweron without the video card... and keep running, or shut off, or what? POST beeps form the speaker? Mobo/cpu/video, plz too. :eek:

my cpu heatsink made the flash, i know bad idea im retarded. . . I can poweron the computer without the videocard and the heatsink fan stopped spinning and then when i shut it off started and stopped as if it had been spinning the whole time, now without the videocard the heatsink fan runs on my cpu for about 5 minutes and i turned it off, also what should i tell the videocard people in order to be able to return it?

SavageBasher said:
Return it? But it was never defective!!! You killed it, you buy another one.

indeed.

1.) test it in anotehr computer. (video. and other parts)
2.) test cpu.
3.) test ram.

If the cpu heatsink made a spark.. then... wow. .. heatsinks shouldnt spark

Do you get any beep codes?!

yes, only when the video card is out and its the code that there is no video signal

From the sound of it though, a blue flash UNDER his CPU Heatsink...

Dunno, that sounds like Toasty the Evil Elf coming for the CPU.....

Back