• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need VPN help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BC|Wulf

I accidentally posted this under applications and software, so I figured I would try it here too.

My friends and I have set up a VPN connection using the Linksys BEFSX41. In the router settings it says that the VPN is connected. The problem we are having is trying to access each others computers for file sharing. All the pass throughs are turned on, so according to linksys's website Windows XP should see the other computers in Nework Places, but no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Here is some more info:

My computer IP address is 192.168.1.100
My friends computer IP addresses are 192.168.2.100 and 192.168.3.100.

These of course are the IP addresses assigned by the router, but Linksys said to do this so the VPN tunnel can be established. I have searched the forum but everyone elses questions refer to something different.

Do I have to still setup a VPN server on one of the machines or should it work like we have it set up.

try "\\192.168.2.100\<sharename>" in a windows explorer address bar. Or try to ping the other host. Not showing up in Network Places can have lots of reasons, but the share access might still work

I am able to ping his ip address using the ping command. I will give the share access a try to see if it is there and Network Places is just not showing it. Thanks

Back