• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

when does a person start to feel electricity going through body?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not sure if you mean, what voltage does one actually start feeling it, or what exactly. I can only go by experience, when plugging a stereo into a wall socket, I left my finger over one of the metal prongs by accident, started feeling a buzzing sensation, drew my hand back and stared at it while it 'buzzed', the sensation eventually died down. I'm guessing that was 12 volts running through my body.

~RT~

Ive done that before, but that is actually 120 volts. Ive felt electricity at 50 volts with quite a few amps. The most painful ive felt is a 200volt capacitor discharging on my knee (be careful when working with powersupplies that havnt had the time to discharge)

I am guessing your asking this to figure out what is the voltage range when your cpu will fry without you feeling it on your hand. Look at it this way, your cpu will instantly die at 3Vcore or even less while you don't feel the 9V battery when you touch it with your hands (different than mouse)

i have done home electric work, on a 110v line, i was connecting the outlet to the lines, and my srewdrivers slipped and shorted the lines. i was kneeling down connecting this, but when it shorted, i was knocked back on my butt, and the screwdriver was all blackend and sparked on, and the plastic had melted.

zap

i mean by like current going through the body
when will u start feeling it and when will it blow u up?

sorry for my bad english

you would feel the temperture of the heatsick when it is higher than room temp. if it burns your hand, it would be around or higher than 60 degrees C.

you should never feel dc going through your body. ac is the one that you will fell not dc. the only way you can ever feel dc is if you are a direct short. i mean at least that what ive always thought. im open to correction though.

try this: get a multimeter, set it to the 20 Kohm range, hold one probe hard between each thumb and forefinger, and you can feel a slight tingle! i got a resistance of about 9 to 12 Kohm

just a reminder much more than 220v and your toast, i have only see 1 person arc out a 440v line and live. ANd i hit 110v working on a light socket, with the 4 foot florescnetn light and it hurt

when i was unplugging my amplifier to move my PC over to a m8's i got zapped with mains voltage, luckily it was just a bit painful, nothing serious. its current that kills not voltage... static on a monitor is about 30 000v or something, but current is so low it just tingles

Its funny this came up,couple months ago at work I was plugging in our band saw that runs on 220v and when I did the socket exploded for lack of a better word off of my hand ,I pretty muched blacked out and had to go to the ER for burns to my fingers and I was shaking bad.I actually shorted out the circuit breaker 200' away with my hand!The only thing we can think of is that there was grease on the prongs or something.I still freak out whenever I plug something in now.The doctor did tell me I could have easily died from that though and that I was lucky.

i was trying to fix my psu a few months ago and accedently toughed the inside when it was on. i blacked out and was shaking for about 5 hours, and had to drink lots of water. it was only 230volts DC

Back