• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drivers causing missing textures?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbarket

Well, I'm freaking out. This is day 2 for my X800 Pro VIVO, and things aren't looking so well. Today was the first time I've run 3DMark05 or CS:S on it, which are both considerably more graphic intensive than what I was playing last night (World of Warcraft).

When I was playing WoW, I only saw one weird error the entire time--no tearing, no real artifacts. It was just a weird texture error that seemed so natural I just figured it was probably Blizzard's fault with their latest goofy patch.

ATITool ran all night without any problems, detected no artifacts.

Today, however, when I ran 3DMark05 and CS:S, I had missing textures and color issues. For example, in Proxycon, a lot of the soldiers (and particularly the large barrels full of... whatever) tend to lose their textures and just become silver versions of themselves. In CS:S, occasionally boxes and filing cabinets and such will take on a weird purplish color.

This is all at stock speeds with only the default 12 pipes enabled. I'm running the original BIOS w/ the latest Omega drivers.

I was curious if it was possible that, even though I ran driver cleaner, going from an nVidia card to an ATI card was causing driver conflicts that were generating these texture errors. The card temps are fine, and in anything that isn't bleeding edge, I have no errors at all.

Suggestions? Is something wrong with my card, or is it likely that Windows is just begging to be reinstalled?

Are you trying to play custom maps? because I know that CS:S has some maps that sometimes seem like missing textures. For example, De_rats took me 3-4 servers until it downloaded the textures correctly (I was getting that weird purplish colour as well)

Try playing some other games, on just single player. Check if there is missing textures there just to be sure. :)

No, using the normal maps in CS:S. It occurs in 3DMark05 as well, so its related to the card and not the game.

Just formatted and reinstalled XP. No change at all. If I flash any BIOS except for the BIOS I saved from it, even if it's the supposed same BIOS from the same card downloaded online (or the reference BIOS for an X800 Pro VIVO), it locks as soon as I do anything DirectX like.

So depressing :/ I think something is wrong with the card.

Back