• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my 9600XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
download a program called everest,will tell you the real deal on your card,on everything you have hooked up.do a google you will find it.as far as agp voltage,should be in your bios somewhere.dont know your mobo at all.nice avitar by the way.

looks like u got ripped big time. It says nowhere on the box except radeon series. Looks like a 9600np or EZ verson. The ram chips are rectangle tsop, NO 9600xt will ever have that ram and almost all pros have the square ram. The reason why hl2 still runs so well is cause this game is unusually core clock dependant and doesnt care much for ram bandwith so your 200MHz ram clocks isnt hurting ya much, the 400 core is like a 9600pro. I saw reviews where going froim 64 to 128 bit ram only gained 20% more fps in hl2 and your ram is 128 bits but lower clocks. Your card is maybe 10% slower than a 9600pro in that one game but it may get owned in other games. If you paid over $80 for it, return or resell it, you can get a full 9700pro for $110, why, why, why buy less for that?

have to agree witht he others. thats not an XT, besides it stating that it's 128 Mb of ram the XT will always have the smaller square ram not the longer crap. that card looks to me to be the 256MB card..could just be the sellers photos. unfortunatly it appears you got hosed do a BIOS dump with ATItool and post it here. can tell you everything from that!

Well i pulled the Heatsink off it says 9600XT on the core, its 256meg hynix ram
I talked to guy i bought it from the manufacturer downclocked it for stability. He will give me a refund if i want, i spend $117 on it. Im thinkin about keeping it i got it running at 500/300 what it should be so. I been without a damn comp that can run anything for 6 months i dont wanna not be able to use it again =(.
Im builind a new rig anyway ill be getting the best card out for that so this will be fine. Ill be giving this rig to my g/f so.

ATI is the manufacturer. This **** is going back i pulled the HS off and theres a big ****ing chip out one of the corners, witch may explain why i canget get the core above 504 . Hmm so now what do i get... i got about $130 to spend

My Radeon AIW 9600xt 128MB DDR boxs looks way different man, looks alot cooleer, did you get the remote control or anything!

Back