• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Monitors + S-video on 9800pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hyperasus

I currently have an ATI 9800 Pro(High Tech brand, Model "EXCALIBUR R9800PRO ICEQ "). Is there any way to have both monitors + the S-video to my TV? I have all the latest drivers and can get either1 monitor + S-video, or 2 monitors and no S-video. Is ATI even capable of enabling all 3 or do I need to throw this thing in the trash and buy an Nvidia?

I believe you can run Dual monitor through the VGA and digital, Digital and S-video, or VGA and s-video. You can run dual monitor with the VGA and digital and have the s-video mirror one of the monitors. But I dont beleive you can run tri monitor with an extended desktop with all three. But neither can Nvidia either. I could with my 9200 and 9500 anyway.

But on the other hand if you decide to through it away let me know when you do so I can come to your house and get it out of the trash!

I could never really throw this card away I like it to much. That would work great if I could get the S-Video to mirror one of the monitors. How would I go about doing that. I have played around with all the settings and can’t seem to figure out how to make that work.

It's to bad your not going to throw it away....

Anyway it's been a long time since I've played with it. Ill tell you what I can from memory. The DVI and VGA port should already be recgonized through your display settings as two different monitors so that should be easy enough. As for the TV from what I can remember you have to have it already plugged into a TV. The driver wont even let you activate the TV unless it's plugged into the video card. After it's plugged in you should be able to go to the advanced options in your displays properties and go to the displays tab. You should be able to activate the TV from there. By default the driver enables the TV to Mirror your primary display.

Here's a picture of where I mean to go in your advance options.

3.jpg

Thanks IrQ. I did like you said and its working now. Thanks again for the help.

Back