• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to become a Team 32 Folding Mentor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

Q:What is the Team 32 Folding Mentor program?

A:

This thread is the center of a long term recruiting objective implemented for the betterment of the F@H cause, along with the advancement of Team 32, OC Forums, and each individual involved.

The echelon of success this objective will achieve is highly contingent upon the resolve with which 32 as a team engages the effort.

There will be no statistical goals, no ultimate levels of achievement; individual success is determined purely by involvement. This is an objective which facilitates as much or as little involvement as each individual chooses, but gives clear targets and organizes the effort.

This recruiting effort only has one specific target: The new OC Forums member. This past April, we had 966 new members register for the forums. Unfortunately, few of them have had direct personal contact with their great fellow OC Forum members. We are joining together to fix that. This is where I will explain how.

Q:Okay, I am getting interested, how can I become a Folding Mentor?

A:

If you want to become a mentor, post in THIS thread and ask to become a mentor. If we need more mentors, your name will be listed in the Mentor Assignment Thread and you will have to create your own tracking post in the Mentor Thread. If you are accepted to become a mentor, you will be contacted by me, @md0Cer via PM here at OCF about the forum you have to go to for those below listed threads and the login info.

If you like, include a TEAM 32 Mentor sign in your sig. :)

Q:Ok, I am a mentor, now what?

A:
1.) You will be given details about the Folding Mentor Project Forum. In there, go to the Mentor thread and create your own tracking post. You can look at the other members to get examples. There you will have your status which is what I look for when giving new assignments. If I see "more please" in the color RED and you have added your current assignments to your post, I will give you more. If you wish to not receive any more assignments, please say so in your post in GREEN

2.)Look for your name in the Assignment thread (they should be in alphabetical order). After your name you will see new assignments (members). The easiest way to do this is save a standardized copy of a letter to contact your assignments. You can look in that large thread that was linked to in the quotes for examples. Then start a new PM over at OC Forums. Add up to five of your assignments in the "To" field, seperated by ; 's. Now paste your message in. It is recomended that you nicely welcome them to the forums, offer to be of any assistance, and inform them about folding and why all of us can benefit from it. Also, try to help them in setting up Folding. I personally recomend the Uber Buzzard or One-Click installers found in The Ultimate FAH Install Guide You can also IM the users if you wish :)

3.) Update your tracking post in the Mentor Thread.

4.) There is no number 4.

5.) Occaisionally check up on assignments, folding or not folding to see what they are doing, or reminding them of the previouse PM if they did not respond.

-@md0Cer, I.M.O.G.
Folding Mentor Project Administrators

** DO NOT checkup on users who have specified that they do not want to be bothered! We are trying to promote folding and welcome users to the forums in a kind way, we are not door to door sales people!

**ONLY POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT TO BECOME A MENTOR! If you have any questions or comments, go for it in here: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3352357

Last edited:
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Those subscribed to this list:
  • dicecca112
  • seadave77

• 5-08-05 ---- THE FMP IS CLOSED TEMPORARILY! Webhost provider issues and BB issues have gotten out of control recently. For now, I am shutting down the FMP until I can find a new host and fix the BB or "forum." I aplogize for the inconvience. It should be back up shortly.
  • 3-26-05 ---- Hello mentors! You all are about to see some change within the ranks of the Folding Mentor Project. I have handed off my position as project leader for the LFMP to Tenchi86 who I beleive has great potential and the necessary qualities for running the LFMP project. As Tenchi has taken my place for the LFMP, I am now freed up to start the EFMP which has been inactive since the idea has been thought up due to the lack of human resources. Those mentors who are curious about the EFMP can check it out in the EFMP discussion section at the mentor site. Remember, this site is completely unaffiliated with Overclockers.com or OCforums.com and we do ask you to please not post any links or mention the name in public here at OCF. I am going to start preparing the EFMP and getting it set up. Those mentors interested in participating in that project can find out more as I update you. For now however, I am not accepting participants.

Also, I thank all mentors for their time and contributions to the project. Including the old Mentor Project. As you can see, mentors can now subscribe to these announcements to receive them via PM, and part of the announcement will now be available in my signature.
  • 3-18-05 ---- Ok, we have new mentor! I am also going to be updating today. Sorry for the one day delay, there were some forum issues. I started a thread in the Local FMP discussion area about those who aren't getting any responses, I tell you all exactly how to fix that in there.

Also, sorry to seadave, I accidently skipped him the last few updates! :eek:
  • 2-20-05 ---- Since I have gotten busy, and there is no sense in having mentors constantly checking on the thread to see if they have new assignments, I am going to make a set date at which FOR SURE (unless something horrible has happened) in which I will hand out assignments. I am going to make that where I update sometime Wednesday and you can expect to have them by Thursday. Now, if I see you completed them, and I have time, I may do updates more frequently if I have the time, but for sure, you can expect new ones every thursday!
  • 1-27-05 ---- Everything is good and I am about ready to start handing out assignments. I have layed out a tracking post format and template for the Mentors to use, so hopefully while they work on getting their tracking set up, I can work on the assignments thread and start assigning. Please, we still could use another 50-100 mentors, so please join and help us with the new recruitment agenda!
  • 1-20-05 ---- My current estimates estimate the site should be up and you all will receive registration details via PM by Monday the 24th. Actual mentoring should probably begin by that Sunday the 30th.
  • 1-18-05 ---- Be sure to have a pop-up blocker for this site. Sorry. I can't help it.
  • 1-16-05 ---- There have been more complications and the FMP site will not be up for at least another two weeks and I do not anticipate FMP operations will begin for another week or two after that.
  • 1-09-05 ---- After a long break I have decided to start up the Folding Mentor Project again. You may have noticed the Mentor and Assignment stickies have been removed. This is because this project will now have its own home. Yes, the FMP is moving offsite and it has been approved. Note that the offsite location shall not be linked to publically within OCForums and is for Folding Mentors ONLY. When someone is approved to become a Folding Mentor, they will receive the location and log-in details via a PM. The Folding Mentor Project is planned to expand to new things and try newer, larger ideas. If you were a previous Mentor and want to continue, or someone else who has not been a mentor before, please read the first post of this thread and post in this thread. Right now I can't see there being "too many" mentors for a while. The previous "Want to become a Team 32 Mentor?" thread is quite similar to this one, but not quite as it was littered with posts of other people, and quite a few of my own. I figured instead of deleting my own posts and asking everyone to delete theirs so I could add these announcements, etc. would be too much of a hassle. That thread should bassically die.

The offsite, unnofficial forum has seen some complications, so you may be approved to become a mentor, but don't expect to actually get started for at least a week or two.

Last edited:
F.A.Q.

EDIT: This is a little wierd, I kinda have an FAQ and then an FAQ to the FAQ. I might make the origional post less FAQ like ;)

• Q: How successful has the Folding Mentor Project been?

A: Very successful, but we can do better. In our last attempt we recruited 6% of all the new members that joined the Forums and made a post. This is fairly impressive considering the high percentage of people who register, make a post, and leave, or those un-interested, or those who do not even read their PM's. To add to that success, we may have only recruited 6%, but we did make a larger amount of the new members feel welcome here at OCF with our greetings, computer help, and assistence.
  • Q: Why did the Folding Mentor Project cease operations at OCForums and move offsite?

A: The FMP was becoming less and less efficient here at OCForums and I also felt it needed more organization. I sent in a request to an administrator about creating a sub-forum for the FMP like mdcomp had done for AAR, although, at the time there were no active administrators and I thought about alternatives. The only other reasonable option that came to my mind was to move it offsite to its own dedicated forum. I then liked the idea better than having a subforum because we could be more organized, moderate what we want, create forums, etc. We would have MUCH more controll and organization over the project.
  • Q: Is @md0Cer one of those power hungry control-freak bastards?

A: Not to my knowledge. Seeing as how this project will expand to new ideas and take on an entirely new goal in the future, we could use a subforum here, but as soon as we want to expand that will no longer work. Instead of turning OCF into a forum that is half overclocking, half FMP, I think the seperate offsite forum would be much better. We also do not have to worry about pulling OCF moderators and administrators away from other tasks to attend to our needs. It is more convienient for us, and them. BTW, some slight humor intended in the title. It makes this FAQ a little less boring eh?
  • Q: Is the FMP forum related to OCF? Why isn't there a link?

A: It is COMPLETELY UNRELATED to OCF and is UNNOFFICIAL. That means that you can't post links to it around the forum like you could post a link to the the CPU's section. That would be considered advertising. We also do not want the link to be public as we want ONLY the Folding Mentors to visit the site and no one else. All other matters are to be adressed in the questions thread. To get there, follow the link to it at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

• Q: In I.M.O.G.'s origional thread he said there would be no statistical goals for the Folding Mentor Project. Will there be statistics and goals with the new Folding Mentor Project?

A: YES! I will be tracking the amount of members contacted and those recruited. Last time around I counted up all of it once and we recruited roughly 6 percent of the new members. That is very impressive considering the fact that not everyone is here to stay, etc. My goal is to work that up to roughly 10% and I do not think that is too unrealistic. This time to get weekly updated stats, follow the post below. But, mentors must always keep in the top of their posts the amount of people they have recruited and the amount they have contacted if they want to be included in the stats. It is just not going to happen if I have to count up 500 names a day. The stats mean nothing of the mentors abilities, it is just a cool way to keep up with the amount of members recruited. A mentor could possibly be busy, etc.

Q: Once I am a mentor am I totally commited to the task?

A: NO! Mentor as much as you want! Tell me how many you want to receive at a time and if you don't want more, just switch your red "give me X more assignments -date/time" to a green "on hold for now or until XX -date/time"

Last edited:
LIST OF STAFF

• @md0Cer- Extended FMP Project Leader + Project Administrator
  • I.M.O.G. - Project Administrator
  • mdcomp - Super Moderator
  • Tenchi86 - Local FMP Project Leader

LIST OF MENTORS AND STATS!

Recruits/contacted in the brackets, eg. [47/100]
  • @md0Cer [5/11]
  • dicecca112 [0/4]
  • JerMe [0/0]
  • Humpmasta_Flex [0/0]
  • Leviathan41 [1/1]
  • SAOverclocker [0/0]
  • seadave77 [0/0]
  • Sentential [0/0]
  • Seven [0/0]
  • Super Nade [0/0]

RECRUITMENT RATIO
40%

Last edited:
Awsome, welcome to the team. I will give you the PM with the login info once the site is back up ;)

Alright, I want to become a F@H mentor. I can't do much on my own, but I know together we can pump some major production for team 32!

YES!!! Thank you!

Added to the list. Thanks for the offer, but I have to wait for the hosting to be confirmed. I should have the site up by Monday for everyone to roam around in, and hopefully by next sunday we will be recruiting!

Last edited:
Great! Ill add you to the list and you will receive the registration details via a PM here at OCF once I get the site up!

BTW, WELCOME TO THE FOLD! :attn:

Thanks for the welcome.

I was reading through IMOG's sticky and it said that there are no statistical goals to be achieved. I think it would be a great idea to set statistical goals. Stats are always a crowd puller especially with a younger audience we are reaching out to.

Let me know what you think about this.

S.N

Let's keep this thread strictly to new people joining ok? Just so I don't skip over someone wanting to be a mentor because of a discussion. I'll answer it in the FAQ. Any discussion on the FMP can go into in that thread I gave a link to at the end of the first post here.

It's ok, not the end of the world. Sorry for being so picky though.

EDIT: added to FAQ ;) :thup:

Last edited:
Back