• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uhh!! Winnie 3200+ Athlon 0447 SPAW on air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mata2974

Just started testing my 3200+ I got from ZZF Jan 5, 2005 on a Neo K8N Platinum,

Stepping as follows

ADA3200DIK4BI
CBBHD 0447SPAW
1158527L40696

At 1.456V, almost stock setting, AMD cooler does 2700Mhz (300Mhz X 9) no sweat. Still testing. Hopefully better is yet to come from the 90nm process....
Will keep you posted

2700mhz.jpg

Did Prime95 fail even when the processor frequency was at stock? I have been seeing posts about Prime95 always failing with Athlon 64 Winchesters. :(

There are posts with people saying that Prime95 don't like Athlon 64 Winchesters.

Did Prime95 pass? I hope it did.

Congrats. Looking good.

What memory do you use?

Since it is already at 300 x 9, it gets lots of potential.

There are CBBFD/CBBHD 0444-0448 running 2.7+ GHz prime stable w/ MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum.

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice chip there mata congrats! I'm still cranking the speed up on mine, but it won't do 2.7G with so spartan a vcore. I'm currently at [email protected] prime95 stable(at least so far). It's passed prime95 Lg & Sm FFT tests at 245, 250, 255, & 260 with a minimum of 12 hours at each speed. Mine's a CBBHD 0444RPAW.

RJARRRPCGP said:
Did Prime95 fail even when the processor frequency was at stock? I have been seeing posts about Prime95 always failing with Athlon 64 Winchesters. :(

There are posts with people saying that Prime95 don't like Athlon 64 Winchesters.

Mine didn't like prime at first, but now she's getting used to it. Here is my thread on my findings so far. 8 hours stable on the Blend test, with priority at 10. It's still doing the large FFT test currently. :)

mata2974, you have 2 gigs of ram in there?? What speed are they running at?

mata2974, you have 2 gigs of ram in there?? What speed are they running at?

I am using matched 2X512 mb OCZ PC 3200 Platinum rev 2 (TCCD Chips) SPD 2,2,2,5
memory timings in bios
2.5 3 3 7 @ 1T

Prime95 fail even when the processor frequency was at stock? I have been seeing posts about Prime95 always failing with Athlon 64 Winchesters.

I will resume testing once I get off work,, I havent primed it yet.

Temperatures are at 38 degrees [MB5] on stock cooler-so far heat is not an issue

After playing around I can post at 2750mhz, Superpi does not finish though, spits out errors. Anyway this does not mean much,.... just exploring my potential with water

2750mhz.jpg

Now with 1:1 CPU to memory, no divider, its prime stable (at least for an hour that I tested) at 2650mhz. I will stop here ATM, I dont wanna give it more than 1.6V. I am just waiting for my LR Cascade Athlon64 adapter from Cathar, if I can get to 2800mhz with water stable I will be happy.......

Final analysis, not a bad stepping, just about average to what everybody has been getting lately, thats my final analysis......just having fun!!!

2650mhz.jpg

Nice chip there,

I c u mention that you waitin for an adapter, there is another solution u can use if u want to get down to testing before the adapter arrives.

U simply remove the retention bracket which is used to house the stock cooler and reverse it. Attach this to your block (u will have to disconnect the loop) then simply screw the blocks mounting rods into the NEO2 plate (no need to take this off) and away u go. I use this method permenantly now.

There is a picture over a XS showing this, ill set up a link from here, credits to XGMAN

http://xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5641

Good luck with that

mong

Which BIOS are you running mata? I flashed the 1.41modded BIOS to mine and proceeded to run prime lg for 14hours str8 error free at [email protected]. Was on XP64 b1218 thought I doubt that makes much nevermind. Seems this is the BIOS to run for the time being. I think I'm going to try to get it stable at a lower voltage before upping the HTT freq. Oh I have to use a 166 memlock though since one of my "matching" OCZ sticks doesn't like 1T command above 255 in DC. Still memory speed is up to 221, so it isn't all bad. Anyone see the crazy numbers reported by sandra in XP64? 13015/5535 MIPS/MFLOPS & 7794MB/s in bandwidth. Seems a bit...optimistic, but it looks perty. :)

I still dont get why people bother with p95, it does not tell your true max clocks because back when I had an xp2100 everything but prime ran at 2.4GHz I can clock much higher for 3dmark and games and they will be stable but prime 95 wont. p95 doesnt even like winchesters and sometimes crashes stock, making it a useless test now. my 3000+ does 2.6GHz but its an old week 37, back when average was 2.4 I may get a 3200+ winchester once venice comes out and drops the 3200+ winny below 200. I doubt venice will be cheap for a while, too new

hhmmm i think prime dont like winchesters ive got abit of problem here my winchester ran P95 @ 2.4ghz 1.525V now i try it and it just crashed on me it is confusing me so maybe ill keep to Memtest to try the ram and superPI and Games to stress the cpu test intill the P95 issue is sorted

I have my reservations about P95 as well, and I know it hates most winchesters even at stock speeds. For whatever reason it doesn't hate mine and I know it's a very stressful test. On this particular processor it seems very accurate at pinpointing the stability breaking point. It's just a tool, not a final word. In the past I've had systems that would run everything under the sun perfectly stable then fail P95 in seconds. My AN7 fails P95 at stock speeds in DC, but works 100% stable past 2.7GHZ. Sometimes I rely on it sometimes I ignore it, but I always try it at some point on new setups. On this one P95 seems very accurate.

Keep at it and you should see 2.75 stable..this is with a XP-90 w/92mm tornado

7G.JPG

25853 - 01

3200.JPG

And before anyone ask...no this is not prime stable...but neither is 1.8Ghz...prime means nothing...running countless benchmarks and hours of games and then still passing a 32mb super pi test is another story...

glock19owner said:
Keep at it and you should see 2.75 stable..this is with a XP-90 w/92mm tornado

And before anyone ask...no this is not prime stable...but neither is 1.8Ghz...prime means nothing...running countless benchmarks and hours of games and then still passing a 32mb super pi test is another story...

Hmmm... now you have me wondering about my 3200+ winchester, mine is of week 42. I was still using Prime 95 to stress test my cpu oc (not memory). I had to put 1.6v through it to get it stable at 2720mhz in prime. I should try bumping it up to 2750 or more and just see if it is stable in games. I know what I'm doing when I get home :D

glock19, that is one sexy OC! Just out of curiosity (since there is a lot of confusion surrounding this), what model is that G-Skill stuff and is it safe to assume that its the good/best stuff from them?

Back