• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any ideas on how to light a compunurse display

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
Iv been trying to figure out a way to light my compunurse so i can read it at night. I tried an LED, but i didnt work well enough. A friend of mine sugested electroluminiscence (indeglo) but the only thing i could find as a $23 kit from allelectronics.com, to expensive. I was just thinking maybe a glow-in-the-dark paint i could put on the back of the display, but im not sure if this would work or where id get it. Any ideas would be great.

how did you attach the led?
If you point in on the side on the glass of the compunurse, then it should light it put good(tape the sides of the led). I have done this several times. Dont try to put it in front of the display since all it will do is reflet the light fron the glass and not show the numbers (sound like thats what you did).
well hope this helps and the best of luck.

No, i drilled a hole in the side of the plastic housing and inserted the led there. It lit it a little, i could read it if i really looked closely, but it was tough.

surplus stores, hmm, where would i find one of these, i dont think we have one around here.

Back