• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Corsair TWINX1024-3200XLPRO Good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PSP

A local fellow is selling me this for $175. Was looking for more informations on it. Do you think it's worth it for $175, and would it go well with my system? Thanks

depend on what version are we talking about the older 1.1 did not have the TCCD chip and would not be worth it but if you can get the ones with the TCCD chips go for it

depend on what version are we talking about the older 1.1 did not have the TCCD chip and would not be worth it but if you can get the ones with the TCCD chips go for it
Actually 1.1 did have the TCCD chip in, and they were the first memory to ever have the TCCD chip, but the PCB of the memory is not what makes it nearly as good as 1.2

I have good results for them, I am running 2X 512 XL Pro dual channel @ 3.2v. 250 FSB and timing is 2-3-3-5 stabled.

Last week I bought TwinX1024 3200XL 2x512's w/ TCCD chips.
I returned them tonight.

I could not see spending $270 on a gig of ram that I might be replacing in a year for
something better. - a NEW system.

Even if they are not TCCD chips $175 ain't bad for a GIG.
:cool:

are these better than?

OCZ DUAL CHANNEL OPTIMIZED PLATINUM 2X512MB DDR PC3200 HEAT SPREADER REV.2 CL 2-2-2-5

the corsair uses TCCD and the ocz uses BH5 from what i remember
and i read that the ocz can go up to like 270-300

i have an abit av8 and a64 3200+ 90nm winchester

deciding what ram to get

i searched for reviews for the corsair and seems like it can only get around 250mhz

oh yeah my bad, it's TCCD chips as well

hm what makes the ocz stuff able to achieve so migh mhz!

But for $175, I think I'll just go for the COrsair, and sell my Adata afterward.

Go Corsair, I had a stick blow a pin(when I that the LL stuff) and they cross-shipped a new set to me the day I called them(ok I had the Montréal RMA office phone number) but I got it 2 days later. Besides the PRO LEDs are a nice touch if you got a window on your case...

Lifetime warrantyis Lifetime warranty reguardless of who it's from.

now the turn around time is a different story.....

/peace

FOund out that this is not version 2. So is ver 1.1 still good? What does TCCD suppose to do anyways?

TCCD is like, suppose to be the next greatest thing since sliced bread....
err... I mean BH-5 chips.

BH-5's when overvolted would / can O/C like a mother.....

:D

For $175 you should get them. If you don't like them you'll have no trouble getting rid of them. You might even be able to get more than what you paid for them.

Back