• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whoa! Big Point WUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
KrisMCool said:
My frame times are ~ 28:30 with one instance and ~ 46:00 with two.

Haha...put on -forceasm...worked like a charm...last frame of the unit finshed in 45:26...the others were taking 2-3 hours depending on what else I was doing. Must have been when I shut the client down the "wrong" way. I know if you use the one click you can go into services.msc and stop it, but I don't have that, so I just close the console window when I need to stop it, sometimes that doesn't stop the core so I have to stop that from the task manager. The only other time it may get shut down wrong is when I reboot, I just let windows shut it down.

Gasoline said:
Even on the lowly, non-hyperthreading original classic 400fsb Northwoods?

Sorry, I meant HT P4s. I run the Console version myself as it's very easy to control and monitor, and I don't want anything running on its own on boot. You need to press Ctrl + C to stop the client "politely". Supposedly, 5.02 does a better job of shutting down when "X" is pressed, but it's still safer to do it correctly. I bet you like 45 min/frame better than 2-3 hrs/frame.

If you run -verbosity 9 flag, the log will show more detailed info. After a crash or bad exit, the next time the client is started the log will state that assembly optimizations have been turned off (usually).

Yeah I used to run a bunch of flags when I used EMIII...but I went to just consoles and placed shortcuts in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\startup folder, not caring about flags. I placed the appropriate flags I need on the target now.

Im gonna have to try the -forceasm flag again but I dont think that is the problem I have here. My [email protected] right now finishes one of these frames in 32 minutes. But my dually running [email protected] are each finishing these same frames in 42-45 minutes. The difference of 200mhz never made that much of a difference before in frame times. Do they now or is something messed up? FYI...Ive restarted the program a few times to make sure something wasnt out of whack and since the box is completely dedicated to folding and nothing else, there isnt much else running at all. Any clues?

I've been getting nothing but 600 pointers for almost the last month..... they're awesome for a ppd boost, our sub-team just hit orange today on them.

It's been a while since I've seen you around gustav...... although maybe I've just been inobservant, I haven't been on lately myself.... school tends to take precedence over ocforums posting :D

Mem bandwidth may have a little bit to do with it, also variations in these wu's, and the 200mhz cpu speed. There are at least 4 projects 1134, 1135, 1140, and 1141- and they can vary by a handfull of minutes in frametime.

Last edited:
well I have 512 on my main box here the one at 2.4 and I have 1gb on the dually with the 2.2. So it isnt that. Ive gotten plenty of 600 pointers on both rigs and they all give me the same frame times. I know the 200mhz makes somewhat of a difference. On the smaller stuff it made maybe 1-2 minutes max difference but never 10-13 minutes a frame. Just sucks cuz my mian box flys through while the dually just kinda chugs along. Guess I'll try the -forceasm flag and see if it works.

Back