• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am getting very frustrated with this PQI!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Help me understand teh TCCD memory a little more. Besides having better timings, what other benefits does it have over the ones I have now?

How does the whole newegg RMA thing work? There is an option for it on their website. So I ahve to send in my memory, wait till they get it, order the TCCD stuff, and wait till it gets back to me! So that would be what, 2 weeks with no comp....arghh! :cry:

Not only that I just checked and they take a 15% restock fee for a refund. Although would it be considered a refund since I am trading it in for the better stuff? All I would have to pay woudl be the extra $50.

BC|Wulf said:
Help me understand teh TCCD memory a little more. Besides having better timings, what other benefits does it have over the ones I have now?

How does the whole newegg RMA thing work? There is an option for it on their website. So I ahve to send in my memory, wait till they get it, order the TCCD stuff, and wait till it gets back to me! So that would be what, 2 weeks with no comp....arghh! :cry:

Not only that I just checked and they take a 15% restock fee for a refund. Although would it be considered a refund since I am trading it in for the better stuff? All I would have to pay woudl be the extra $50.

Less voltage...higher timings...plus if going liek G. Skill...they are gaurt. to run at PC4400 (275FSB) at whatever models rating...

I can run my PC4400 all day at 275FSB at defualt voltage and hits 250 at 5-3-3-2.5 at default voltage...default voltage is 2.65v...

As for the RMA...unless they are not running at specs...odds are you will have to pay for the restocking fee...

Still working on my overclock but a few things I have noticed.Allthough I can run 2.4 at 1.6 in bios memtest will error in test 5 at 99%, only 2 errors in every third test but still a no go.In fact the cpu will boot and run at 2.5 with the same voltage but memtest and prime error quickly.The lowest v-core I can run the 2.4 is 1.65 in bios.I am running older twinmoss ram that will only run default voltage,but the higher v-core did stabilize it.
I also had issues with the 27 bios and had to revert to the 26 to oc.

Once I get my new memory I will have to rember that. Thanks for the info! You would think that 27 bios would OC better than 26...interesting! Might have to flash back to 26 or pick a bios from the vault.

Back