• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Virtual memory settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BC|Wulf

I got thinking about the virtual memory setting in Windows and had a question.

Which would be the best method to implement the virtual memory. The conditions are the setup in my sig below. My raptor it my main drive and I have a second rive for file backup and extra storage space. I never let the system manage the size and always force it to 1.5 times the amount of memory I have installed in the system. So for my case it is forced to 1500 MB in size.

1) On main drive.
2) On backup drive.
3) On seperate partition of main drive.
4) On seperate partition of backup drive.

My thought would be that option 4 would be the fastest since my backup drive is on the IDE1 controller. I would think that since you are using two different controllers that it would speed up the access to the paging file.

If you are set on using 1.5 gig then I suggest putting a static 750 MB pagefile on both drives at the same time. Windows will find the best one to use in each new circumstance. I use 500 MB on two seperate drives.

Back