• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quik question about x800 XL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I built this guy a new shuttle SN45gv2 and planned to give him the x800 XL once it came out....

But now im only seeing PCI express versions of the card....which the shuttle doesnt support.

Is ATI plannin to make regular PCI versions of the card or am i screwed....guess i could just get him a 9800 pro....that sucks though...

Any good cards for not above 300 bucks? has to run new Medal Of Honor flawlessly....and the system wont hold the card back no worries.

No. ATi has no plans to make any AGP/PCI cards ever since the day that the x800XT PE arrived.

________

Since medal of honor is an nVidia game, I would reccomend a 6800NU, or a 6600GT depending on the level of skill your frind has.

On the 6800NU you can unlock the pipes, however the 6600GT has the hardware accelerated DVD support. Both cards are arond $250.

If you havent bought the shuttle yet, they do plan on making an nforce4 version. one that would support your XL

yeah that sucks balls :(
But i guess at some point you just have to break away from old technology and start from scratch with somethin new.

0.786.gif

I'd recommend a 6800 just for the fact that you can unlock the pipes. Either way, a 6600GT is better than a 9800pro.

Back