• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"power calibration error" on DVD burner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
Up until recently, my DVD burner have been doing just fine with anything I throw at. But lately I get power calibration error only if I try to erase a CD-RW. Erasing DVD+RW and -RW works fine so I don't think it's the drive. I have 4 different brands of CD-RW (from cheap no name brand to $3 a disc brand) and all of them have failed to be erased.

What could be causing the problem? Why did it work fine before but now it won't? I doubt all the CD-RW have expired at once, that would be a major coincidences.

I tried Google but the results are not cxonsistient. Some suggest my burner could be going bad but it doesn't sound right if it burns OK and it erases DVD+/-RW without problem. Other suggested media issue and that could be it but I don't want to spend any more money. And some blamed software for the problem.

Back