• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interior color

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Diggrr said:
I painted my interior white, then covered it all in white felt.
It keeps the sound down, and really grabs any color light that's used.
Paint accessory parts with a contrasting color, like that used on the cables and such.
Not to be used in a dusty case, cause it'd look really bad...

FurtherFront.jpg

For painting bare aluminum, get thee to AutoZone and grab some self-etching primer, and the same brand paint.
Clean, prime, paint, dry overnight, bake (after removing any plastic accessories).
Viola! Paint that's very hard to scratch off. ;)

What exactly is self etching primer?

AutoZone carries Duplicolor, so here's a link to their page with a short description and pics. HERE

It eats microscopic pits into what it's sprayed on to give it a hold like a banker on a c-note.
You still have to pre-clean it with soap and hot water to get rid of dirt oil and dust. Make sure all the knooks and crannies are dry first too.

To see more of my case, look HERE...don't wanna crap this guys thread.

This whole baking in the oven thing sounds cool i wana try it.
digger that thing looks great.

so man seems like baking with using primer sounds like the best way.
good luck man i hope you post your pics when ur done

I got the diggi today so I am going to snap a few shots of the "before" and Ill show the progress as it goes. It does sound like Im going to do some baking though. I really like those results.

hmh baking.... cookies?brownies??? o wait you mean just paint baking awww.. man i was hoping you were going to bake some cookies andshow pics of them lol...
ya post the before pics i wana see any thing... im so bored

Here's some before shots:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/EdwardAune/DSC00711.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/EdwardAune/DSC00710.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/EdwardAune/DSC00709.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/EdwardAune/DSC00708.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/EdwardAune/DSC00707.jpg

...and yes thats a heart drawn on the side, remember its for my girlie. ;)

EDIT: This thing is rivet hell. Gonna be kinda tricky doing the intertion color without popping a lot of rivets.

Need some recommendations with this. This particular case has a mobo slide tray and as you can tell from the pic there isnt much room for a full size(80mm) fan. Do you think I should go w/ two fans about the same size that go on Thermalright NB-1 or should I just go to a 60mm and make a cut accordingly. I think if I went two smaller fans I wouldnt quite get the cfm that maybe a 60mm would put out. Wadda think, anything different than what I suggested?

Ok ur talking about the back fan right..
well i would cut one hole as big as i could for a fan (you shure u cant fit a 80mm in there?

if you cant mod a 80mm to fit there then you eill hsve to fit a 60mm in there.
but with that rear airflow problim make shure the PSU you put in there is dual fans.
(what fits in the front?? a 80mm?)

I plan on gong with an acyrlic ps and for that I am going to cut out a small piece, maybe with a smaller heart that is going on the side window. I would also like to put a intake on the side of the case but I am in debate as to where I am going to place it.

Ok man i know u want to cool this thing but....
the noise lol its not u its ur GF right....
So cooling is ur big probblim right now

your going to need a fan controller for this rig.
first cut out the fan grill for the front 80mm and mount a 80mm there.
now ya the 260mm for the rear should be ur best bet but if i was you i would wire them together some how so that when u plug them in to the fan controller they both run at the same rpm's.
what about the PSU ?? i didnt really under stand what u were saying up there^ i know that u want to put a heart on the side of the psu (good it will look cool) and as for the side intake i would say you should habe a side 80mm

so the way the cooling would go IMO
would be 2 60mm in the rear wired together and mounted on channle 2 of the fan controller.
the PSU 92mm on the bottem and 80 in the rear (i would just buy an antec and mod it for a red led and heart side window. (then plugged intot he mobo)
CPU fan i would go for a 92mm and plug it into channle 1 of the fan controller.
Front 80mm intake (with fan gard cut out) plugged into channle 3 of the fan controller.
Side 80mm plugged into channle 4 of the fan controller.
then leave the pci slot (on the case) under the agp slot open so the hot air can go out.

and finally just tweak the fan controller until it sounds right and the temps are still good. (ur GF wont want a loud PC or she will hate it and never use it)

I've planned on putting in all the extra's i.e. fan controller and such so that not a big prob. Now we know this is for the GF so I am going to put some components in that I would'nt normally put in mine. For instance I am going to get some fufu hsf that looks pretty and still has pretty decent cooling. I put in her puter an Athlon 2400 TB desktop and not oc'ed, she wont let me ;) So I am going more for looks when it comes to her stuff. Im pretty much in agreement with your choices on the fans. Let me explain a little better what I was talking about cutting a hole for the ps to be seen. On the top of the case above the ps I want to cut a rectangular hole so that you can see the insides of the, not yet purchase, clear acrylic ps.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/EdwardAune/DSC00714.jpg

Now I drew in a rectangle but I was thinking of using the heart design for that again or using it in conjuntion w/an exhaust fan coming out of the top. Either was I am going to cut some sort of opening in the back for the ps. I think that would add a nice touch.

EDIT: As far as fan noise goes, if shes use to mine I dont think I could do much to hers that would make any louder than mine. Unless I put two 92mm Delta's in hers. hehe

ya those fans look great (now i understand with that pic much better.
as for looks ya this thing shoudllook nice
(u going for pink and purple?or what are ur colors? (witht he heart u should go with a pink ora red at least.

as for the HSF i would say also get a crome fan but more of like a 92mm and get a cool fan grill for it (and mabey paint it mabey not)

The outside is going pink, which shade, Im not sure. I am also debating going with some flames or something to that affect, ghosted in. My GF's brother works for a body shop and he thinks they may be able to help. The pink combined with the flat black interior should set each other off nicely. With the interior, Im having a bit of trouble trying to figure out what would look nice. Being its flat black I thought having a cathode would set off some UV reactive IDE's, but I am still open for suggestion.

BTW, this thing is held on almost completely by rivets (hell). DO you know of a relatively cheap rivet remover or some process to remove them. The only panel that has thumb screws is the panel with the heart drawn on it. I mean it has A LOT of rivets. sux

Ya all cases these daysare riveted ( i really never messed with rivets before sorry.)
As for the colors i think Pink on the outside (seems from the way sounded up there pink is sorta a must for the out side.)

so i would say pink out side Flat black inside with Purple accsesories.
i would go with some purple tubing around the heart window (as for ide cables um if u cna finde some purple that would look cool but if not pink/red should look fine.
but i would sleeve the PSU purple and paint some stuff with purple UV paint then ad a UV light in there.

with the pink outside and the dark flat black inside the purple sould look great (i like purple and no im not gay ijust think it lights up cool.

EDIT
Hey man you have to stp the posting and start editing ur posts. (its against forum rules mk.

o ya andthepurple uv paint goes on every thing like on the top of capasitors on the mobo and the fan blades ram heatspreaders every thing (its non conductive =D

Back