• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interior color

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And a ^^good thought^^ it is but there is the possibility of excess noise. She's picky about stuff like that, mine drives her crazy at times. I think its soothing ;). Syber, what Im saying about the ps is that if I cut a window in the top do you think that what your mainly going to see in the window is the backplane(circuit board) of the ps instead of the actual internal parts.
http://www.circotech.com/ps500ac-al...led-fans-power-supply-fan-500-watts-watt.html
This is the ps, again do you think the blue will throw off the pink.

I didnt think about the ps having an exhaust, that should help with my cooling concern.

edwardaune said:
And a ^^good thought^^ it is but there is the possibility of excess noise. She's picky about stuff like that, mine drives her crazy at times. I think its soothing ;). Syber, what Im saying about the ps is that if I cut a window in the top do you think that what your mainly going to see in the window is the backplane(circuit board) of the ps instead of the actual internal parts.
http://www.circotech.com/ps500ac-al...led-fans-power-supply-fan-500-watts-watt.html
This is the ps, again do you think the blue will throw off the pink.

I didnt think about the ps having an exhaust, that should help with my cooling concern.

Well, if you are worried about noise pizzing off the GF(and man man, none of us wants to PO the wife/GF), you could turn it on it's side, if you have the room, that would allow the window to see the inards, and you'd still have the intake on the PSU clear. Doesn't matter where the intake for the PSU is sucking from, as long as it's sucking from inside the case, it gets warm air, so if it's pointed towards the CPU, what diff does it make? Okay, it makes more work for you, but other than that? Heh heh heh. :D

lol sorryi understand now...
um ok here:
#1 the blue will beto muchit wont let the pink show off at all.
#2 ya all you will see will be the back of the circit board on Newer PSU's on older psu's you would see the insides they have since flipped them around so that the bottemfan will help... so that psu is a no no i would say (just forget the top psu window)

#3 my sugestion would eb get a normal Psu she wont care...o and just put some of that mirror tape orsomtingon it so cover it with like a mirrior plastic to reflect every thing...
or just buy a that psu with differnt light or mod it and chaneg the led's

Or I could just say screw it and get a ps, paint it the same color of everything else inside and just go with the 2 X 12" UV lights along with the pink sleeving. Man that sounds easy *thinking less work*. Dunno, gonna sleep on it.

#3 my sugestion would eb get a normal Psu she wont care...o and just put some of that mirror tape orsomtingon it so cover it with like a mirrior plastic to reflect every thing...
or just buy a that psu with differnt light or mod it and chaneg the led's

Thanks syber, those are a couple of good ideas, especially the mirror tape. You're hired. ;)

BTW: Whoever said that it doesnt give off fumes when your baking this paint obviously wasnt breathing at the time. *look at all the pretty colors*

edwardaune said:
Or I could just say screw it and get a ps, paint it the same color of everything else inside and just go with the 2 X 12" UV lights along with the pink sleeving. Man that sounds easy *thinking less work*. Dunno, gonna sleep on it.

Yeah, you have to think about whether or not "SHE'LL" appreciate looking into the PSU, or is that what you want? You could still cut a window in the top, so she gets a nice heart shaped glow on the ceiling at night, just skip trying to make it show off the PSU. :)

I'd actually look at the psu. Plenty are mounted with the pcb on bottom, like the Sparkles I have.

"BTW: Whoever said that it doesnt give off fumes when your baking this paint obviously wasnt breathing at the time. *look at all the pretty colors*"

HAHAHA ur funny man but must be the truth (i dont know nevr doen it)
hey man do u have aim or msn? if so pm me, and post it in ur profile.

Diggrr said:
I'd actually look at the psu. Plenty are mounted with the pcb on bottom, like the Sparkles I have.

I looked, its on the top.

Last edited:
Well, i think I remodied the situation with the ps. I think I an going to get this-

http://www.sundialmicro.com/cgi-bin/sundial/sstst360.html

I like the fact that its black, which will go nicely with the interior of the case. I read a few reviews of it, and it had a decent rating. One of the downfalls, which is relative, is that it doesnt have very many connectors. She isnt going to have more than one or two optical drives, and on top of that I think Im going to upgrade her to SATA. All I have to do is sleeve the cables and I should be good to go. The price is nice also. Glad thats out of the way, kinda.

edwardaune said:
Well, i think I remodied the situation with the ps. I think I an going to get this-

http://www.sundialmicro.com/cgi-bin/sundial/sstst360.html

I like the fact that its black, which will go nicely with the interior of the case. I read a few reviews of it, and it had a decent rating. One of the downfalls, which is relative, is that it doesnt have very many connectors. She isnt going to have more than one or two optical drives, and on top of that I think Im going to upgrade her to SATA. All I have to do is sleeve the cables and I should be good to go. The price is nice also. Glad thats out of the way, kinda.

I'd feel better if they could actually type out sentences in English, instead of the shoddy translation job done by their site/PR guys. I get nervous about "Pidgeon-English" translations.

Yea, dont know where I am going to buy it from, I just used that for demonstration. I wish there were a way to implement some sort of window, I think she was starting to warm up to that idea. Anyways, Ill just dress up the inside as much as possible(without going overboard). Any thoughts from you guys would be appr. and Ill give you credit when I patent the design ;)

I like the fact that it has an 120mm fan. Quiet

Yeah, 120's are nice, I have two 120 Panaflo's and they are very quiet compared to the 5 or 6 80's I used to have in my case, my wife appreciates the difference. Okay, so do I, I don't get bitched at so much, heh. :D

OK, on to sleeving the cables. The IDEs are going to be rounded to no worries there. The only ones that'll need to be sleeved is the ps and a few straglers. Ive been told to get a molex remover but thats about all I know. Enlighten me with your guys wealth of info.

All I know is that the molex remover is a gizmo that pops the pins out of the molex(through the back side of the plug) connector without damaging anything. Handy tool, if you plan on modding cables forever, kind of a waste of money if you're only going to use it once. Pop them out with a small screwdriver, it doesn't take all that much.

i dunno if this is too l8 to suggest...but i heard of one guy actually sanding down the inside of his case so that the inside metal is almost mirror like (like a lapped HS)....thad be pretty interesting...or just paint stuff...and "mirror" some other stuff...i really wanna try it to soemthing on my case but i dunno

what do you mean to late?
how fast are u moving on this progect? (sounds like a good thingur movinf fast though)

i would say forget the molex removle andall that work on the psu and just buy some of this stuffit slides right over andlooks good.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=11247&vpn=CSK-80UV-RD&manufacture=VANTEC
(lookat the customer photos)

an these look cool
http://www.ncix.com/customerimage.php?sku=12592&promoid=0#jumpimageframe
u can get them in like red or yellow ect there uv reactive =D

they cover the PCI and RAM slots

an these look cool
http://www.ncix.com/customerimage.p...#jumpimageframe
u can get them in like red or yellow ect there uv reactive =D

That look interesting. I might look into those.
I wouldnt say that I moving fast at all, in fact its kinda dragging along. What I meant by too late is that I already ordered a molex remover kit, and I also ordered a sleeving kit for her puter a few days ago. Im going the extra mile with this one. I do like those covers, Im gonna have to look into that a little more.

i dunno if this is too l8 to suggest...but i heard of one guy actually sanding down the inside of his case so that the inside metal is almost mirror like (like a lapped HS)....thad be pretty interesting...or just paint stuff...and "mirror" some other stuff...i really wanna try it to soemthing on my case but i dunno

Yea Im way past that, as a matter of fact Im going to be starting on the outside soon. Actually Ill be using pretty much the same technique as you mentioned.

Back