• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interior color

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What a cowickidink, I was watching the same show. I would like an ounce of that talent.
Heres some more pics for ya, I am just mocking up the exterior. Ive already riveted the interior and the top and bottom pieces of the case. I still need to final sand the side panels. Almost to the finish line, kinda. Im ****ed her case looks better than mine,(except for the pick) ;) Just means I have to go to a 64bit and a better case. I now have more experience so the next one will be even more sick, sicker if you will. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/EdwardAune/DSC00856.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/EdwardAune/DSC00853.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/EdwardAune/DSC00852.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/EdwardAune/DSC00851.jpg

Very nicely done, and the first pic, however un-intentional that was, shows the mirror finish on the top. I'd really like to see pics of this in some natural light :bang head

I'm looking forward to your next mod. :thup:

BTW, to have one ounce of that chick's talent would be cool. Damn she did some awesome work on that bike. I've never seen a paint job, engraved into metal, then the paint itself engraved for the next layer, and so on, layer after later, amazing and very original. Makes a guy want to run out and buy an airbrush setup, I saw a link to one posted in these forums somewhere, $70 American for the full monty, very nice

O man tat looks so nice.
hey um were exactly do u live and wehnwill u be done?
i really think the final day u should leave it on ur window ledge to let it dry 100%

.....LOL sorry that pink andsilver with taht flat black makes itlook so nice.

you better do a good wire job cuz thats going to be the thing that always messes up good cases.
make shure u do good wires.

...PS i hate that chopper show but w.e thats jsut me

So uh, what you gonna do with all the brownie points from that schweet case? :D
Agreed that the wiring job is gonna make/break it, but I don't think you'd let it down after all that paint frustration.

American chopper's okay if you sit and watch it with the mindset that Paulie jr's a princess and the old man's acts different for the camera/producer.
I've done that etching through the paint before, but with a clearcoat over it (not flames) to make it look like a glitter inlay. She did do a killer job though.

Well I just hit a huge snag. I got the UV cables in today so I started transfering the mobo and parts to the new case. Took out the mobo and pretty much everything else and low and behold, none of the riser holes match up the mobo. @#%$^@&$^# and so on. It has small rectangular openings for those plastic risers, well all of the ones that I have are round so they dont secure to the back board. I hope like hell one of the electronic stores carries thore around here or I know a little girl that is going to ****ed off, probably not as much as I am right now.

Maybe it's dremel time? Considering those holes are behind the mobo, and out of sight, should be a quick fix. Yeah, be careful, you put a lot of work into your paint job, but if you grind from the backside of the mobo tray, any wee slip will never show, you could touch it up quick if it would bug you, but you'd be the only one that knew there was a flaw there. :D

Well, I found the bag-o-parts so everything is all good. I have it almost completely assembled and WOW, Im really impressed with the lighting. Oh yea the paint job isnt bad either. Ill post some pics when I get a chance.

man i hate the pink, but i gotta admit that is an awesome paintjob. Good job, hope she likes it. I cant wait till i have the courage to paint (or fail at painting) my case.

i fit 92mm fans with about 10mm extra room on the sides into the reat of a xaser 3, your should have not trouble getting 80mm fans(atleast) into a mid tower. also a note on that, i did have to do a few spot welds in order to remove rivits for clearance and drill holes for mounting, would post a pick but there is nothing fun to look at on with that mod. anyways do some measuring you should be able to fit a couple of 80mm fans in there. best of luck.

clearification- those fans are mounted on the back right next to the rear plate with the onboard i/o ports

Didn't follow this thread too long, but it's still in my subscriptions...so lets see the pics!

YAY! HE FINISHED IT!

and if it wasent for me it would have been a cold case (puts his chest out all proud) lol

Naw thats cool tho man lets find those links

(watch will be liek a year old and all scratched and dusty ect lol)

Back