• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interior color

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

edwardaune

I am trying to figure out a paint sceme for the interior of a case that Im modding for my girlie. I want something thats going to stick out without be gaudy. Ive heard, or at least I think I have, that using flat black in combination with some cathodes really sets off the interior. Dunno, Im wanting to something different than the average and Im not afraid to do a little work. I plan on posting pics as I go to show the status. I would appreciate any ideas that you guys have.

i've painted the inside of my case flat black, but i think that would swallow the light pretty bad. i used metallic black paint and didn't bother to polish it or clearcoat it and it darken the inside kind of a lot. Everything else that has color stands out though.

case0027jn.jpg

i don't know if this helps at all. Lemme know if you could use a different pic or angle...

Well, I see what your saying, but if you had UV colored cables dont you thing the flat black color would really make those cable stand out. I think I remember someone painting their mobo flat black and painted all the capisitors with a UV paint, really set off the mobo. Mind you this is for my fiance as a "little" gift, so Im trying to set it off as much as possible without going overboard. I want it to look nice and clean but still a little showy. I plan on wrapping ps cables and such.

Well flat black, with the red uv cables and molex connectors since they are actually pink... i wasted my money on red molexes and stuff and they turn out to be pink so now im gonna switch to blue, it doesnt look bad in my case but yea im gonna paint mine black with blue cables

Why didnt you paint the hd/floppy bays??
or the sideof the PSU??(or even better put abig sticker on the psu)
in fact seeing that ur mobo is dark i would have painted the inside of the side case so it blends with the mobo..

more painting i think (and then clear coat it while ur at it)

I went green with clear coat and electric blue panels and a case window to come.

green1.JPG

green2.JPG

Last edited:
i completely forgot about the hdd bays because they were set aside in a closet unti i was ready to put it back together. then, after rubbing and polishing, and rubbing and polishing... i liked the inside just fine... it would have been a bear to get all of the that shiny, and then cover it up with all my junk. i'm thinking maybe the support rail and drive bays could be painted and cleared, but the back plane is fine, especially since i can barely see it. The PSU on the other hand, i think i'll make a cover for it. i don't want to cover up the labels on it. i'm wierd like that. if i ever want to sell it, i'd like to be as stick as possible, because i wouldn't buy a psu that i wasn't 100% about.

well i think the back panle and HD bays should be painted....
this way it matches ur paint job and ur mobo going from a black mobo to a shiny silver looks so bad in that top section.
mind you my pc looks like crap rigt now

I completely agree, if your going to paint one, paint it all. Id not think Im gong to paint the mobo, just to be on the safe side. I think leaving it as is will give the inside some extra character.

stryder2720 said:

The question was addressed in the link that you posted, but I have a non-finished aluminum case. If I were to "bake" the paint after I finished do you think it would damage the aluminum? I really like the results that it produced. Did you only do that to the hdd bays or did you finish the rest of the interior?

Sorry, it just looked like the back plane where the mobo connects to the case looked unpainted. Might be a bad reflection.

If I have an unfinished case then there should be much prep work, right? Its completely unfinished alum, so all I should have to do, simply speaking, is prime it then paint it?

I didnt prime anything. All I did was rough up the surface, paint, let it dry, and bake. After I painted the drive bays in my case I went on and painted everything which I dont think I posted a pic of....sry if this is alittle sloppy but Ive been ummmm drinking :beer:

I painted my interior white, then covered it all in white felt.
It keeps the sound down, and really grabs any color light that's used.
Paint accessory parts with a contrasting color, like that used on the cables and such.
Not to be used in a dusty case, cause it'd look really bad...

FurtherFront.jpg

For painting bare aluminum, get thee to AutoZone and grab some self-etching primer, and the same brand paint.
Clean, prime, paint, dry overnight, bake (after removing any plastic accessories).
Viola! Paint that's very hard to scratch off. ;)

Back