• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Transportation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OLMI

Is it safe for me to put my computer in the back seat of my car and then drive it to my friend's LAN party about 5 minutes away? I vaguely remember someone mentioning that it was a bad idea to transport a WC rig without taking the water out, but that could have been a thread talking about putting it on an airplane.

When a water cooled system is going to be left in a vehicle for any extended period of time, or experience large changes in temperature(freeze or boil) or elevation (pressure), that's when you really have no choice but to empty it.

A five minute trip should be no problem. Just make sure that it is well secured and in an upright position.

Yeah it will be fine. Just don't let it lay on its side or air in the top of your T-line/res will rush into the rest of your loop. Also everything needs to be secured in the case. That means no hanging pumps. ;) An emergency stop could easily send a few pounds of pump flying into your mobo.

I put my comp in the back seat standing up with the seatbelt around it. :p

Yup I lug my heavy *** case all arouund to lans which is W/Ced. As long as everything is sucreded, I.E. bolted, taped, screwed ect... you are fine. Also before you turn anything on or even plug it in, check all your houses and res/T-Line for leaks ect... But if you clamp and surcure everything you will be fine

Back