• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help picking new memory!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BC|Wulf

So I have decided to RMA my memory and get something different. What would everyone suggest. Should I get the PC4000 TCCD stuff from PQI or is there a "better" brand out there?

Cmon nobody has an opinion for me....heck tell me to go suck an egg. At least it I will feel all warm and fuzzy inside that somebody bothered responding to my post! :rolleyes: ;)

I just got through posting on your other thread about the G. SKill's...

read specs below...

I am running the LC's...the LE's and LA's do better timings...but the LC's and LE's tend to OC to about the same with the same timings...and 7-3-3-2.5 is NOT that much faster then 8-4-4-2.5 when running at 275FSB...now the LA's will run at DDR600+ (300fsb)...but this would be overkill for your NF2 unless you plan on going to A64 or P4 here later on and dont plan on replacing the memory...

Thanks for the reply on both threads. As far as technology I like to stay behind the ball right now mostly because the new stuff costs so much, and I have no real use for that much speed until the program makers catch up. Besides by the time I get around to upgrading my comp, everyopne here has all the ins and outs figured out about what is best and how to do it. :attn: :clap:

On that note, I may look at getting some decent ram that I can use if and when I upgrade to the 64 bit systems (in a couple years). I guess the first question is would it be better to get PC4000 for headroom in the future, or should I go for the here and now and get say PC3500 with better timings. I am sure in a few years they will have something even better that will work with the 64 bit chips.

I am going to check out the G. Skill stuff and do some decent research. I have a few days till newegg will have my refund ready, so I can make a decent decision.

If you dont really want to stay at 1G...the G. Skill LA 2x256 DC kit sells for like 150.00 at newegg...PC3200 specs...5-2-2-2 up to around 230+...

Back