• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best gaming keyboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Swatdog

I was wondering what the best gaming keyboard is reguardless of price. I was interested in Microsoft's latest combo, but I think i've heard problems with it and gaming, something about holding a button down too long can cause problems or something.. I dunno.

Just go to CompUSA or something and test out the keyboards, that's the only way you're going to find the ones you like.

IBM Model M! It will last forever and it's got the best tactile response of any keyboard ever. The one I'm typing on is 20 this year.

Logitech Elite the saitek board seems decent,ideazon zboard interchangeable for game...i have it its very nice

Another one for the Saitek... That command pad thing is awesome and you can program it to do anything !

My only gripe is I don't use the backlight and everytime you reboot the keyboard automatically turns on the lighting.

Is it possible to get the Logitech without a mouse? I already am getting the Razer Diamondback 1600 DPI High Precision Gaming Optical Mouse:
xoxide_1826_26660464

Of course a keyboard is really dependant upon personal preference as well as performance... i highly recommend a Keytronic LT Designer. it's by far the most solid keyboard i've ever used, key jams are not an issue, and if it breaks you get a new one sent to you. I've had mine for about 18 months, and the key pressure is consistent across the entire unit. the key's "W,A,S,D" have the exact same feel as say a key you wouldnt normally use like printscreen. worth every penny.

Nevermind that... I found a link to just the keyboard it self.

But what do you guys think of the mouse, combined with the Razer eXactMat Speed/Control Precision Surfaces Mouse Pad:
xoxide_1826_23480793

Swatdog said:
Nevermind that... I found a link to just the keyboard it self.

But what do you guys think of the mouse, combined with the Razer eXactMat
exactmat is amazing dude, u will feel like ur gliding on ice, i use the speed side all the time, the control side is just a bit more textured. for cs:s, speed side is awesome!

I use a 9.99 compaq i got on sale at radio shack....I like a no frills kb, no internet keys and crap...must have a reg size enter key with \ above it.....

Back