• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian Li V1100B pictures my case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

germanjulian

Well I had the case for over a week now just had no time posting any pictures yet.

Nice case, very lovely and all reviews are spot on except it has two major drawbacks:
PSU has to be standart size and can not be longer then 6inch which is normally not a problem but for unfortunatly is for me.

Socket A: well the case is upside down which means the socket is at the bottom. Lian Li had the clever ideal to make sure the mobo is 1mm away from the bottom of the case and as you know the socket is at the edge of the motherboard = I cannot install any BIG or super silent heatsink. Luckily I found this Artic Cooling heatsink which is standard size and very quiet and performs well. http://www.arctic-cooling.com/cpu2.php?idx=14&disc=
on medium settings, cant hear it.

The only things I changed on this case is the front intake fan = Papst fan.

Both exhaust and intake fan run at slower speed but still blow plenty of air, very quiet.

Ambient: 22C
Case temps is: 32C to 36C at load
CPU temp is: 47C to 53C under load

Oh I also got a 9600XT now not a 9800Pro any more runs much cooler and I installed the Zalman passive graphics cooler on it and temps for are from 45C idle to 60C load (3 hour 3dmark03) without any extra fans.
PSU I will change next week to one that fits, probably zalman one.

frontclose.jpg

frontopen.jpg

inside.jpg

:-/
psu.jpg

Sweet. Innovative case, though I don't know why they put that sheet of metal above the PSU... many these days are, as you say, longer, but also have the 120mm fan on the bottom. Otherwise it's a very efficient design.

did u have problems with teh IDE cables? alot of ppl are saying that the hd and the are 2 far from the mobo.

thegreek said:
cut the psu divider out so you can fit your psu

no getting a new PSU and a TV card, don’t know what to do with my old PSU though.

and the cable management is fine, all the cables go past or inside the drive bays and I dont mind if cables are not fully hidden, plus the case is so wide and big air is flowing anyway.

what I find interesting is that of the top rear of the case we have a bit of honeycomb air vents, odd thing is that when I put my hand there I can feel air coming out even though the intake fan runs rather slow and is divided more or less from the upper department and the exhaust fan is just as fast as the intake fan.

oh and IDE cables to the hard drives and if it is long enough, I think long IDE cables will work but all my HD are sata and I got way way to long sata cables.

germanjulian said:
no getting a new PSU and a TV card, don’t know what to do with my old PSU though.

and the cable management is fine, all the cables go past or inside the drive bays and I dont mind if cables are not fully hidden, plus the case is so wide and big air is flowing anyway.

what I find interesting is that of the top rear of the case we have a bit of honeycomb air vents, odd thing is that when I put my hand there I can feel air coming out even though the intake fan runs rather slow and is divided more or less from the upper department and the exhaust fan is just as fast as the intake fan.

oh and IDE cables to the hard drives and if it is long enough, I think long IDE cables will work but all my HD are sata and I got way way to long sata cables.

It's a nice case for sure. Only thing I don't like is the at some points awkward design of the interior. Reason why u're feeling the air coming out is cuz the PSU is prolly taking air in as well.

nah got the new zalman psu which only has 1 fan at the back of the psu, still some air is coming out of the pci slot honeycomb area. maybe my intake fan does push more then the rear fan pushes out.

oh well all good now, psu fits nicely, temps are good and its nice and quiete
:)

Back