• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Mach II (56k beware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sucka

Well here i am, first time in this part of the forum...

Got my Mach II (all stock) set up and running, what a difference sub zero makes eh? :) My first attempt at phase change cooling. My install went fairly smoothly, only real problem i ran into was mounting the unit to the Lian Li case (which i never did do) so i just gave up for now. Once i got it booted, i noticed i wasn't getting accurate readings on this motherboard (see sig) which i had expected, so no real way to tell how effective the cooling is. After it wouldn't hit 3.1GHz stable, i thought something was up, so i pulled the head, and low and behold, bad contact. I think it's running good right now, so hard to tell without temp readings. Unit reports evap at around -45C at idle, and around -37C under load, this sound about right? Anyways, here are some pictures, let me know what you think.

prometia12.jpg

prometia1.jpg

prometia2.jpg

prometia3.jpg

prometia4.jpg

prometia7.jpg

prometia9.jpg

prometia10.jpg

prometia11.jpg

lianlikit1.jpg

fx55.jpg

Darn, I remember having that mach2 under my black pc65. Too back I was tired of the noise, so I went back to air. Here's a quick suggestions, be very careful when taking off that head unit. Sometimes your processor get stuck to it and will snap out of their socket. Happened to me a few times and lost a couple of pins on the cpu.

hawtrawkr said:
looks great

id venture a guess here and say i think you have it seated right this time

nice oc btw

Thanks.

hehe.....as best i can tell it is. There's that little part inside me that wants to pull the head again and check for contact, but at a 3200MHz clock stable, i'm not gonna complain, that was my ultimate goal.

Ven0m said:
It looks really sweet. btw, why do you have RAM stick one next to another? And what max FSB you can get?

That's dual channel for this board.

Around 280 is max i can do stable at these timings, haven't tested with loose timings.

Sucka said:
That's dual channel for this board.

Around 280 is max i can do stable at these timings, haven't tested with loose timings.

Oh, I see now, thanks. It was logical for me that sticks running in dual should be in slots with sam color. It looks like MSI's logic is opposite.

Ven0m said:
Oh, I see now, thanks. It was logical for me that sticks running in dual should be in slots with sam color. It looks like MSI's logic is opposite.

Yeah, that was a new thing for me as well. But that's dual channel.

stockhatch said:
That is a most righteous setup :) Out of curiosity...just how loud is that thing? Congrats on your new system.

AC

It's actually probably quieter than a air cooler. I honestly don't have any complaints about noise level. It makes a little noise as it gets cold, but other than that it's not bad at all. The fans are really quiet.

I just noticed you use a mouse bungee, i've used one for 2 years now, everyone makes fun of me for it, but who want's a cord that keeps falling off the desk?!

DamienKC said:
I just noticed you use a mouse bungee, i've used one for 2 years now, everyone makes fun of me for it, but who want's a cord that keeps falling off the desk?!

I'm not sure i could game without it anymore...lol

Let em' make fun of you as you frag them with perfect precision ;)

Vio1 said:
Looking good man... we need more phase coolers on this forum!

Agreed :thup:

I put my blue LCD in this week, i'll snap a few pics when i get a chance, looks much better now.

Sucka said:
Agreed :thup:

I put my blue LCD in this week, i'll snap a few pics when i get a chance, looks much better now.
yeah, i have the blue lcd too :)
i got my M2 in october for my birthday lol, only about 8 months after i started overclocking. i went from stock alienware to this so quickly, it's so addictive. i'm loving the performance so much...

Back