• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DI 624 and G650 wireless connection problem, please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jabroni1m

I just bought these two items but I cannot even get them to connect at 5 feet. I can use the lan ports on the router and my internet works fine but I can't get the card to connect to the router. Does anyone have a step by step guide. The install guides that come with them suck, they both refer to the others guide but neither tell exacly how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok im sorry the other guy was on about a G520...
Ok to answer your question, my router is DI624 and my XP machine used to run a G650 in it, First of all throw your NIC in the PCI slot, may i recommend the last PCI slot so your closest to the ground...now boot up windows and put the CD in the drive, when windows recognizes the new hardware choose advanced, locate the driver MANUALLY (make sure you get the right version because it has windows98 and 2000 versions, Choose XP and hit ok.

I have found that is the best way to install it.

If you still cannot connect to your router, make sure the DCHP is enabled

Back