• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the bomb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the first pump I am going to test it with will be the original design of the Rainbow Lifeguard Quiet One (not the type that pentair now sells as the quiet one but the ones that rainbow made before the pentair buyout of rainbow)
gph@0' -- 1140, gph@7' – 613

That pump should be a decent bit of overkill - the core has 12 flow channels going each way and the tanks are huge so there isn't that much restriction to it.

the fittings on it in the above pic may look small but that is because the core is dwarfing them - those are 5/8" OD x 1/2" ID brass barbs.

with 4 sanaces running at full voltage the amount of heat it can dump is insane (of course) -- the main interest for me with this one is not just the performance with max airflow but that at 7volts as well. With this amount of surface area, good fans and a proper shroud, at 7v the cooling should still be very impressive and have little noise to go with it. :)

techun said:
that case.....omg, can u fit in it?
well, I am 6'4" but if I duck down a little after pulling out the bays on one side of the case, yes. :)

OCS911 said:
will quad vertical heatcore fits on top of full-tower?
If your full tower has more than 23" of depth, yes. The vertical verison of the monster core is exactly 23" long overall (twin 302 cores). I have an evil scheme to make one that is just a little shorter than that but I haven't had enough time to act on it quite yet. (didn't have enough time = I was otherwise staying amused by hooking a full case of Delta VHE 120mm fans up to my 1500 watt power supply and turning the voltage knob from 10-15 volts to test them...wow - I can honestly say that on a case o' fans vs. case o' fans basis, the VHEs are much louder than a case of SanAces. :eek: )

Diablo23RD said:
Ya, most ppl can fix it in the mobo tray :D
bah! it will fit in there somewhere, you just have to put enough force behind it in the right spots with the crowbar. :D

this one is more for monster cases like the one above or for an external box but there might be some full towers it would go into with the right mods.

a big honkin shroud prototype for the MonsterCore should be here soon. this is going to be fun. :)

I should have ordered some of those silly delta fans that are 150cfm each and dual shrouded it - eight 150cfm fans would have been worth a laugh after my ears quit ringing from the noise they would put off...

If you could mount that core somewhere it can breathe, like on top of a case, you should try it out without fans if only for fun. With that much fin real estate, it might deliver good results with minimal airflow.

weapon said:
well, it isn't a bomb but it should be one helluva blast to hook up to a cooling loop:
weaponmonstercore2.jpg

it is still currently a work in progress - the quad chambered shroud for quad 120s is in the works and should be finished soon. Also, I decided to throw it up to the front lines for the next step in weapon core evolution. By wednesday, it will be a much improved heat exchanger and it shall look like it as well... :D
Nice job and very good design, 2 barbs are right at the optimal location, which made the water flow have a good balance!

I have been threatening this throughout this thread so here is a pic...and i am beyond the reach of professional help. :D

Attachments

• MCD192Weap.jpg
    MCD192Weap.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 122
2 words.

hot jesus.

edit: are thoes the deltas from excess-solutions.com? if so, which model are they? (WFB1212__)

edit again: i'm guessing that they're the WFB1212M due to the 3-pin connector already on the leads

weapon said:
well, it isn't a bomb but it should be one helluva blast to hook up to a cooling loop:
weaponmonstercore2.jpg

it is still currently a work in progress - the quad chambered shroud for quad 120s is in the works and should be finished soon. Also, I decided to throw it up to the front lines for the next step in weapon core evolution. By wednesday, it will be a much improved heat exchanger and it shall look like it as well... :D
Now, get rid of the solder, I only want to see copper. :beer:

cetoole said:
Now, get rid of the solder, I only want to see copper. :beer:
haha! you're a bit slow sorry to say - weapon just posted pics of the finished product a few posts up from yours (that i just quoted) :burn:

Sneaky said:
haha! you're a bit slow sorry to say - weapon just posted pics of the finished product a few posts up from yours (that i just quoted) :burn:
No, this is something different, I was not talking about the shroud or paint.

Nice work weapon! looking REAL nice so far, awesome cooling for such (relative) compact size. I gave up trying to fit a big rad in my vapo and erm, nocked this thing together in a couple of hours, as you can tell it's getto style ;)

Sorry for the poor quality pics (matches my build quality) I only have my cameraphone atm.

Getto_rad_box.jpg

I share a house with 2 plumbers and I tell them to bring home anything they come accross that I could salvage for cooling stuff. It houses two 600x120mm radiators (one each side) with 2x120mm sunon fans. The box is air tight and the 2 fans never need to go above 50% or it starts to suck up all sorts of crap like bits of paper and cat hairs!

Oh yeah, all it does is cool my VGA with a 172w pelt, talk about over engineering! (well maybe under engineering)

It may look naff and being radiators will not perform as good as heatercores but it was free and it's hidden away under my desk and does its job awesomely.

bt

Back