• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with flags

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gustav

Ok I've had problems with my consoles the past couple days...neither one could get a WU it could work on. Kept getting FILE_IO_ERROR. Before anyone calls "Unstable OC!!!!11one!!!11" Please note that even at stock clock, with very low temps for a prescott (in comparison to what I normally run them) I still get the FILE_IO_ERROR. I've had this problem for a long time, no one can seem to figure out what it is. Anyway, I decided to delete all the stuff for folding in both folders (I have a P4 with HT so I run two consoles) I redownloaded the client, redid my client.cfg, and this time I decided to let it install as a service. Somehow now I can get WUs that it can work on, don't ask me why now out of nowhere it works. I ran the console after configing it and it still had the same problem, rebooted, it started up as a service and bam it gets a WU it can do. The problem is now how do I run flags with it? Before I added shortcuts to the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Folder and then right clicked, properties and added the flags I wanted. How do I do it with this service thing-a-ma-bob?

go to start -> run type regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> ControlSet001 -> Services - FAH1/FAH2 -> paramters

to change the flags, right click on App Parameters and click "Modify"
-local -service -advmethods -forceasm -verbosity 9

is what I use, I have a p4 with HT too.

Is there a reason why you don't use the one-click? It's the easiest to use and generally works without any problems

Thanks Karbon. I don't use the one click because I like doing things myself, and even if I have to ask I still like to do it myself. This way I can learn and know how to do it the hard way.

Back