• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.Skill LCs vs :Es

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I didn't have alot of time to tweak last night, but I am Prime stable at 230x10 and timings of 2.5-3-3-11. I do not know if the memory helped me hit 230 or the fact I did the L12 mod. I could not go past 220 before and run stable before.

I hope to play with the timings soon and try to push my FSB to 240. I am kinda waiting for my AS5 to set back in as I had to reapply it to the CPU and NB.

Skeetman said:
The LE was $230 after instant rebate on Dec 24th. I'm not sure how long it was at that price, but I am sure of the date because I ordered mine on Dec. 23rd for $275 :cry: I couldn't believe they changed the price on Christmas Eve. >>>>>>

It was probably a holiday sale. Back in 2003 they had a "Mother's Day Special"
on the Athlon 1700+ CPU = $42 w/free shipping. Ordered myself several in
anticipation of future builds and got some 1.5v T-bred B ... unlocked of course.
$42 for a CPU that can run 2.4-2.5ghz? :clap:

glock19owner said:
2-2-2 at 240 is going to be pushing it...5-2-3-2.5 will be more likely... >>>>>>>

2-2-2 @ 240 would be pushing it, but possible. Have seen a few up there, usually in nf2 systems.
Mine included.

Well I had the same problem as you did when I bought my Gskill ram. at excalibur they only had the LE's when I bought mine, so I spent a little more. As far as speed goes, look at my sig, I run 289fsb 1:1 with 2.5-4-8-4 1T timings.
I cant really go any higher on the 1:1 due to the fact my little 3000+ cant handle it.

so if your into insane memory speeds and stuff, go for the LE's

Screenshot - Gskill 1:1 at 2.5-4-8-4 1T

I could do the same, but its not stable for me. I have a multi of 9x, which makes it a little harder to achive high 1:1 settings with a insane clock speed.
BTW - nice overclock.
275fsb for me is 2.45ghz. as were 289fsb is 2.6ghz

Osirus said:
I could do the same, but its not stable for me. I have a multi of 9x, which makes it a little harder to achive high 1:1 settings with a insane clock speed.
BTW - nice overclock.
275fsb for me is 2.45ghz. as were 289fsb is 2.6ghz

Dont get me wrong...I am not 100% stable at those timings either...super pi and pi fast fail...but what I was impressed by was the simple fact that I could run 01 - 03 - 05 and PC marks - 02 - 04 without too many issues...

Now just going to 5-3-4-2.5 at the same FSB/HT...super pi and pifast pass without issues...

Also...for a more interesting fact...I was able to score 10 marks more by using 6-3-3-2.5...26011...just something to keep in mind on the potential of your memory ;)

Oh I agree, I ran alot of the bench's with it and scored high, I was a little hurt with the price, but then the performance outways the price. Best $300 I spent on some ram to date.
Highely recommended

Back