• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.Skill LCs vs :Es

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BC|Wulf

G.Skill LCs vs LEs

I have been reading different threads regarding G.Skill's memory and the different models. Is there any point in spending an extra $30 to get the LE instead of the LC? Everyone seems to get about the same OC on the LC and LE.

I plan on getting the LC at a minimum, but Newegg plans to have new stock of the LEs in today so I may get those, unless someone has a good reason not to!

Last edited:
How well do you think these would run on an Intel setup. All of the "which ram should I buy?" topics are all about AMD. In that price range are these about the best stick you can buy?

Michael

all the g.skills seem to have no problem running 250fsb@1:1 . i've seen consistent posts of 275fsb@1:1 from the LCs and LEs and i myself am stable at 275fsb@1:1 with the LA's. i could go farther but i know i'm limited by cpu/mobo set.

my P4 rig is in my sig. and as far as i'd recommend, the LA's are great but i'm doubtful that many rigs can handle actually testing them out to 300fsb so i'd recommend going with the LE's since it's seems that the majority of ppl at 275fsb@1:1+ are using those sticks.

good luck on your overclock.

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I am going to go with the LEs as I can resues them if and when I upgrade to an A64.

I just got some lc's today, they do 270 1:1 at 275 i get blue screens, I'm running a 3200 claw CG on a dfi ut250. I just tried each stick by themselves , but no luck. What are the max ht's these cg's are getting?

SkyFire47 said:
all the g.skills seem to have no problem running 250fsb@1:1 . i've seen consistent posts of 275fsb@1:1 from the LCs and LEs and i myself am stable at 275fsb@1:1 with the LA's. i could go farther but i know i'm limited by cpu/mobo set.

ALL the G. Skill will run at PC4400 (275FSB/1t/1:1) specs and if they do not run at those rated timings for PC4400 and it is the ram, not something else holding it back...G. Skill does have a lifetime guarantee...

Honestly, I wouldnt worry about the ram not running at specs...but the CPU able to run that those FSB and higher...

As for the difference between the LC and LE's...I honestly went with the LC's for the simple fact...35.00 more wasnt worth the 7-3-3-2.5 timings...not when I was going for the best OC and since they both tend to OC almost the same at the same timings...figured I would save the 35.00...

And yes these will run at LE's specs, and there is not a big gain running 7-3-3-2.5 over 8-4-4-2.5...not 35.00 more IMO...

Maybe it is worth saving the $35 and get the LCs then. I guess I would never use them to half their potential on my XP anyways. Thanks for setting me straight Glock. I will update on how my system overclocks with the LCs, if I ever get them!

I was up playing with it till early in the morning. I'm pretty sure my cpu's limiting me, I did get a couple 3d 01 runs at 8 x280 , so i know the ram can do it. I been using timings from this guy, http://www.ministry-oc.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39 .My cpu does 10x245 all day, so i guess my controller can't handle 9x 272 . Fastest 01 run yet was at 2,3,3,7 timings i got 29362 , at cas 2 i gotta run 3 volts for stability.

I see newegg lowered the price on LE, and it looks like LD also. Only a $20 difference now. $268 for LE, $248 for LC!

BC|Wulf said:
I see newegg lowered the price on LE, and it looks like LD also. Only a $20 difference now. $268 for LE, $248 for LC!

They raised the prices...I got my LC's for 235.00 with a 15.00 instant rebate (220.00) last month and the LE's was 245.00 with 15.00 instant rebate...but was sold out at the time I ordered my set...

Thats like the EVGA 6800U that was on sale a few weeks ago for 379.00 is now on sale for 439.00 today...the extact same card...

Figures they would do that! You bashed my happines Glock...I am going to cry :cry:

So much for a good deal then. Wonder when they will go back on sale....wait I can't wait that long with no computer....I am having withdrawal already! :cry:

BC|Wulf said:
Figures they would do that! You bashed my happines Glock...I am going to cry :cry:

So much for a good deal then. Wonder when they will go back on sale....wait I can't wait that long with no computer....I am having withdrawal already! :cry:

They wont go back down..the hotter they get the more newegg will raise the prices...so better grab a set now...never know in a few more weeks the LC's will probably be the price of the LE's...

Noticed they raised the prices of the LA's also...was 125.00 when I ordered...now 149.00 :-/

Cid said:
I surf the xtremesystems boards alot and as far as I know everyone recommends the LE version over LC, LA. Check them out yourself if you haven't.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/index.php?

Same here. The overall OC speeds may be the same, but usually the "LE"
run at tighter timings. Have had great success with Gskill "LE" in this
nf2 rig (see sig).

The 1gb "LE" was $230 at New Egg? Are you sure?!

I went ahead and ordered the LE. For an extra $20 bucks who cares. I will post my OC results after I get ti installed and see if the L12 mod worked on my NF7 board. Thanks for all the input!

Susquehannock said:
The 1gb "LE" was $230 at New Egg? Are you sure?!

The LE was $230 after instant rebate on Dec 24th. I'm not sure how long it was at that price, but I am sure of the date because I ordered mine on Dec. 23rd for $275 :cry: I couldn't believe they changed the price on Christmas Eve.

I'm happy with mine, but I'm not really stressing it yet. I haven't dropped the multiplier to push the memory by itself, but I plan on "utilizing" the full potential of this memory when Venice comes out.

Skeetman

Skeetman said:
The LE was $230 after instant rebate on Dec 24th. I'm not sure how long it was at that price, but I am sure of the date because I ordered mine on Dec. 23rd for $275 :cry: I couldn't believe they changed the price on Christmas Eve.

I'm happy with mine, but I'm not really stressing it yet. I haven't dropped the multiplier to push the memory by itself, but I plan on "utilizing" the full potential of this memory when Venice comes out.

Skeetman

I ordered my set on the 23rd also, would of gotten the LE's but the site stated it was on backorder...talking like 3am Indiana time for the order...that way I knew it would be out before the 24th since I added the extra rush charge...

Just got my LEs today. Hope to get 2-2-2-11 timings at 240 FSB and minimal voltage. Will post results when I get them, that is unless my MB does not like the L12 mod or the heatsinks I put on.

Back