• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Little Accedent

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GunnerMan

Well thought I would tell all of you about it because I have nothing better to do :confused: . Well today I decide I would open up my case to check the dust build up, not much surprsingly but there was some on and around the HSF so I was blowing on it and my left hand ring finger strayed off to the Tornado(running full). Well I heard some loud noises and said some loud noises and looked at my finger. Ill tell ya rite now these things are dangerous! It was bleeding severly so I ran to the bathroom and washed it off to find 4 good sized cuts on the end of my finger, looked like it got caught in a meat grinder or sumthin. It took 5 mins and some fake skin crap to get it to stop. I know I sound like an idiot for Opening my case and inspecting for dust when the thing was on and getting my finger caught in a spinning... can we call it a blade. All well just thought you would get a laugh out of my stupidity! :attn: :p :beer: :D

done that a couple times not with a tornado though. Wasn't there a joke that the best thermal paste was as5 mixed with blood?

Tornado's and Delta's are bad, but the Evercool aluminum's are worse. What they lack in speed, the make up for in sheer sharpness. I have a good-sized scar on my finger from when I was feeling extra intelligent and stuck my finger in to see how warm my heater core was.

lol, after running my fans 'grill less' for over 6 months i decided it would be a good idea to slap some wire grills on them over the weekend, after having my fingers almost being cut off countless times :eek:

I did the same thing, my thumb was bleeding for hours! those things are quiter with the grill off but o so dangerous!

lol, i have played with my tornado by putting objects into it that shouldn't be in it etc enough to KNOW not to put my fingers in it. i always keep the fan gaurd on my tornado, not just for my fingers, but also for wires in my case. if a stray wire were to ever come in contact with the tornado, i'm nearly certain the tornado would win.

i had my tornado for about a week before my proc came in, so i played with it that entire time. during that time, i learned it's quite a powerful and effective cutting device, especially if you put something through the bottom of the fan, lol.

sorry to hear about your experience. it must have really sucked bad. cuts on your fingers suck the worst because they are used so much, heh.

hehehe, sorry to laugh but i did the same thing not more then 2 weeks ago. i found taking the grill off took the noise down a few db. but.. it was on high and i was cleaning the dust out.. and it sucked my finger right in till it stoped.. since i got this thing in my blood it turned out really ugly.. and now the skins peeling.. ...

anyonce crazy enough to run one at full speed 24/7..you got nuts in your head..or your def..or going to be anyways lol

i run mine 24/7, it doesn't bother me at all. my case might be a bit sound dampening, so that may affect my decision... but honestly, after the first 3 days or so i have to be listening for it to notice it.

i've always been called a "techy" my life, and with it comes enduring being around the equipment you use. being at the sound board which i love so much i have to deal with it being like 90 degrees always. i guess this is just something else i endure in order to be around what i love.... a kickass overclock ;)

Back