• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Update Backup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

Hey guys um this has probably been posted before but um ya.
#1 were are the windows updates i DL saved?
#2 can i burn them to a CD for when i format i dont have to DL them?

Go to the Windows Update site, and click on "View installation history". Write down all the installed updates, i.e. KB834707, KB873339, etc. Then go to the Windows Update Catalog site here...

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp

...and find each one of the updates that were previously installed. You can then download each one of them indivdually, and save them to disk and burn them.

see here is the thing i formatted my PC and then moved but my laptop is all upto date and im now on 56K so can i get the files off the laptopand update my pc?

why does microsoft have to be so much of a pain big updates and i cant even save them for latter UGH now i can never go on the net with MY pc withought getting blaster worms and stuff.

You can download and save them them as mentioned above. If Microsoft automatically cached the updates people would be complaining that Microsoft was stealing their hard disk space.

You can always order an SP2 CD from Microsoft, it is not expensive.

Back