• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan wiring question 56k??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prankstar008

Im building a fan controler and i was wondering how many fans can run off 1 molex connector...this is my diagram
PCB.bmp

I know the fans hot wires arent pluged into the switch but i wanted to make the pic less confising while still getting my point across. As seen in another thread...this would be the wiring for 1 switch and 1 fan
wiring.bmp

if i get somebody's ok on this ill make a worklog of this.

You can power as many fans as you can fit, as long as the total current rating does not exceed about 10A. (it really depends on the AWG rating of the wire, but i think molex plugs are only rated for 10A anyway)

It looks ok, and you can draw lots of power fom single line. But before you make it, check how do your fans perform @ 5v. You can also get 7v, by using 12v as + and 5v as -. If that's not enough - you can make a little more advanced controller without greater problems.

Back