• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800se flash?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bsfalcon

Registered
ive got a sapphire 9800se softmodded no problem, 128mb, 256 bit, r360 core, and 3.3ns samsung RAM, stock at 325/290 that OC's to 390/375 on stock cooling. my question is: will i get a performance boost if i flash the bios to 9800pro? or XT? im also planning on getting a vga silencer rev. 3 to improve cooling. would RAM sinks do much good? from what ive read its pretty controversial as to their effectiveness. any ideas greatly appreciated

Since you have the r360 core you might get some performance boost but nothing you would be albe to notice, from what I've heard you get some extra shaders from the core when you flash the card, also you might want to make sure that it is heat that is limiting your oc, I have a vga silencer and ramsinks and it was pretty much a waste of money getting the silencer because my core wouldn't oc any higher with it, also the ram sinks do work but you get about 2x10mhz more on the mem it's up to you if you thing it is worth it. To check if your card isn't ocing higher because of heat, you can do what I did a duct that had a fan blowing air in directly onto the stock heatsink.

here is a pic of the duct:
040705064256.jpg

do you know how to permantly get the extra pipelines open? i read something about moving a resistor or something like that?

post back if there is a change in performance if you mod it to an pro or an xp bios
as im interested as well in it. reminds me i need to check if i got a r350 or a r360 i think its a r350 but worth checking

Back