Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What Color Goes Good With Copper?

I am in copper country and decided to make the inside of my case copper. I drilled all the rivets out today and started painting. I was going to use a brighter green on the outside but now I am not sure how well that will look. What colors would you all suggest.

PS right now my computer is sitting on some cardboard on the floor in front of me. It looks kind of cool actually.

Oh and I was also wondering what color lighting you would suggest. I already have blue lighted fans and fan controller. I would like to stay with the blue lighting but will change if necessary.

Thanks
    Chad Deraps

Other than chrome, I can't think of anything that goes good with copper, maybe black, nice contrast. That's a toughie you created for yourself there. Maybe head down to your local auto paint supplier, get some sample cards from them, then check them out against the copper.

may i reccomend champagne

BTW i wanna see pics of this case

|LIAN LI PC-65<<rip off|
    |ABIT NF7-S rev 2.0|
    |Advanced Micro Devices 2500+ mobile @ 2.36GHZ cooled by Thermalright SLK 947U and AS5|
    |ATI 9600XT|
    |512 MB of Corsair XMS PC-3200 @ 2-2-2-6| I Pack Heatware

DOH! Yeah, pics would help.

If you covered the copper in steel modders mesh with black trim and accents I think it'd be pretty badass.

The case is an Antec 1080amg. I think you are right, I do have my self in quite a pickle. I think the black would be a nice contrast. Do you all not think that a bright green would look good. I wanted to stay away for the black norm. but maybe a mirror finish black would look great. How about a deep blue with a mirror finish?

Black and copper do look good together, a classy look, I made a Lambo model once, called for copper accents on the engine, looked great with the black. I shouldn't comment on the green(but I will anyhow), I figure green looks good on plants, trees, and grass, and that's about it, heh heh heh.

Master of teh Ghetto Mods ghettocomp's Avatar
    Choosing between two evils, I might pick the one I've never tried before.
    Denim

like in Blue Jeans Denim
    I find that most people are like Slinkies.. They are not really good for anything, but can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs. :P

Underwater Senior Member
    10 Year Badge
    I used a candy green on my waterblock holddown...looks cool. The pic has some flash shine on it, making the green quite a bit lighter, but it's an emerald green.
    Duplicolor metalcast paints (metalic flake base, green overcoat).

And lots of colors go well with copper: Saphire blue, black, dark green, and even bright yellow. There's a gorgeous midnight blue metalic SUV paint that almost became the color of choice for my case...

Quote Originally Posted by Diggrr
    I used a candy green on my waterblock holddown...looks cool. The pic has some flash shine on it, making the green quite a bit lighter, but it's an emerald green.
    Duplicolor metalcast paints (metalic flake base, green overcoat).

And lots of colors go well with copper: Saphire blue, black, dark green, and even bright yellow. There's a gorgeous midnight blue metalic SUV paint that almost became the color of choice for my case...
    Have you tried spraying the Metalcast directly on chrome yet, with no undercoat? Very sweet, tried it on a wrench, that paint is awesome, gives a cool effect.
    Last edited by Brundle Fly; 01-21-05 at 12:59 PM.

I'll second a green, I know that forest green would go very well with copper.

Oh yes just where is copper country for you? I live in Butte Mt. which at one time was the largest producers of copper in the world.
    Big changes coming: Intel e4300, DFI Blood iron, Crucial DDR2-8500, ATI x859xt, MCW-6002>Ehiem 1250>Bip3 with 3 nidec beta Vs, Sunbeam Zorro, Corsair 650 watter
    Stuff I should be using but don't: Finally got around to running that stuff.

Ever run a benchmark? support our forums by posting it in the 3dmark team and system benchmarking team sections.
    My heatware

Silence may be golden but performance is platinum

blue might go well with copper too

I live in Hougton Michigan, or atleast I go to school there. Actually the reason I am using copper is because I bought it to use on my GFs christmas present. I think I am going to go with either the Dark Green or Dark Blue. I am hopefully going to get a window with a picture of a gremlin on it laser etched. I will post some pics as soon as It is all finished.

Thanks for all the input.

Blue looks great with copper IMO.

Green looks good on about. . .well, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slackfumasta

Green looks good on about. . .well, nothing.
    I covered that already, "trees, lawns, and plants". Heh heh heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggrr

is that a freezer @_@

is that a freezer @_@
    no, its a computer

UNDER 64 BIT CONSTRUCTION, so far:

Tsunami Dream (Black)
    DFI Ultra D (SLI Mod)
    Thermalright XP-90C (Lapped)
    Plextor 716SA/SW DVD Dual Laye Burner

FOLDING for TEAM32

Underwater Senior Member
    10 Year Badge
    Mmmm. 20 miles from copper city, and 50 miles from copper harbor....purty drive! I was up there for my honeymoon.

Anyway, just about any color looks great with copper in my mind. If it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, I'd make my whole case from it.

ok i figured it out. I just went to walmart and was looking in the automotive section when something caught my eye. It was Kameleon Kolor from Plasticote. The color is copper and green, just what I wanted. I am going to test it out on the top of my case tomorrow. I think it is dark enough to get a good shine. Only problem is the $8 price tag per can, and they are small. It is only 6 ounces. I also forgot to get some primer for it. It will cost me about $50 for it all but I think it will be worth it.

Registered
    If you want art and color theory ideas for your color, and copper being a redish orange:
    Complimentary color scheme - copper and greenish blue or blue
    Split complimentary - copper, green and red violet
    Triad - copper, blue violet, yellow green.
    There are the tetrads, but that will have 4 colors for each type of tetrads.
    These color scheme are naturally pleasing with eachother in those groupings listed.

I personally would pick a dark blue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast