• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Color Goes Good With Copper?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
About the primer. I don't think it is anything special. They sell a three can system of primer, color and then clear. I think you could buy normal primer and clear.

I don't personally like the Kameleon look. But if you do it well it might look sweet.

I don't think your blue lights will work with copper and green. I'm thinking red and yellow would look cool with the redish orange of the copper.

http://svc.com/sunbeam12.html <-- a spiral red CCFL. Has kind of a electricity look might look cool

http://svc.com/rc24hd2-cop.html <---- Copper braid ATA-133 cables.
My brother has some and they look sweet

http://svc.com/sleeving-flexo-chrome-sleeving.html <-- Crome Sleeving.
If you could get a copper paint to stick these would really tie the look together.

Hope this gave you som ideas

You going to show me this thing when you get it done. I'm in east McNair.

Is it too late to suggest a color? I also think green would be nice, but I'm talking real dark green, almost black, glossy of course.

What do ya think?

i second the "green". some shade of it, like emerald, if you want contrast; if you want a "blend in" effect, look for pix of cooper oxidation for the coloure.

red or black would make a nice background if m/b isn't green.

if you mix cooper with chrome, steel or silver it will clash.

evowatercooling said:
ok i figured it out. I just went to walmart and was looking in the automotive section when something caught my eye. It was Kameleon Kolor from Plasticote. The color is copper and green, just what I wanted. I am going to test it out on the top of my case tomorrow. I think it is dark enough to get a good shine. Only problem is the $8 price tag per can, and they are small. It is only 6 ounces. I also forgot to get some primer for it. It will cost me about $50 for it all but I think it will be worth it.

That should look great. We definately want pics of this.

I am just starting on painting the outside of the case. I have the parts primered. I need to sand them down and stuff. I also need to paint the inside of the outside pieces copper. I am debating on whether or not I want the door to have a window. I already have the amd and ATi log cut into it. I would like to put the mirror finish on the front too but then I cant have a window. I was actually thinking of doing a widnow with some copper tint to it.

What do you guys think.

Also I will try to take some pictures. My $20 digital camera blows though so we will see.

And thanks to zeb for the links.

Hey Zeb, you gots a digital camera? Mine is dead and I can not take pictures. I can show it to you for sure when It is done.

"How come people don't like blue with copper... a deep blue would make a bright copper inside *pop*..."

Yup, blue might be nice too. It is my favorite colour, I just thought that green was more colour co-ordinated with copper.

Back