• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Customer wants...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Despairl

Well i have a customer that wants a vapochill setup.....i'm really kinda concerned about this as the customer has well lets say book smarts and not to much hands on experience. What do u guys think about it, if u were in my shoes what would u do? Take the money and run or just tell them(this is what i'm thinking of doing) if they really want me to do it that they will have to deal with any problems....I mean i've done like 5 or 6 vapo installs and i don't know why this one bothers me so much. :-/

Yep, put a small sticker over the edge of the door, and then a small on on the inside edge of the door.

This lets you know if he took it apart.

sandman001 said:
Yep, put a small sticker over the edge of the door, and then a small on on the inside edge of the door.

This lets you know if he took it apart.

Ah thats a great idea....u guys really made my life easier :cool:

"if you dont know how to handle it, you shouldnt use it"
phase systems are the kinda thing you should be willing to work with and understand carefully. i check for condensation and clean my condenser and stuff pretty often.
i understand your feelings on this one.

well i mean i take pride in building rigs that last....it would be just my luck that i would build this one, they would mess with something and then they would spread some ugly rumor because of there own stupidity. It's just one of those things i'll think about....anyone else have anymore ideas? :confused:

Personally, I wouldn't take that risk. Will they know how to maintain the system? Probably not. Don't do it.

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
"if you dont know how to handle it, you shouldnt use it"
phase systems are the kinda thing you should be willing to work with and understand carefully. i check for condensation and clean my condenser and stuff pretty often.
i understand your feelings on this one.

couldnt agree with this more. maybe its just me but i feel if you cant build a computer by yourself let alone install a vapo on your own you probably shouldnt have one to begin with. they are anything but the norm and require a basic knowledge on how they work and the dangers/problems that can arise with misuse or lack of matinence.

a good friend of mine who has a great pc from hand me down parts ive upgraded from over this past year was interested in a putting a vapo on his rig and asked me to do it for him. i simply told him no, not to be a **** or anything but in a way its kind of like handing a fully automatic rifle to a kid whos not fully confident how to handle a bbgun. maybe a bit harsh of an analogy there but its somewhat along those lines (i mean your questioning this for a reason something inside you is saying its not a good idea, so why not err on the side of caution)

DOes this person plan to overclock their system? OR are you? do they have any clue how?

iwould give them like a 20 question paper tofill out - if they pass they can get vapo, if not then oh well and make them answer it there so they cant cheat.

P.S - how do you put a sticker "inside" the case if it is closed?

Mr.Guvernment said:
DOes this person plan to overclock their system? OR are you? do they have any clue how?

iwould give them like a 20 question paper tofill out - if they pass they can get vapo, if not then oh well and make them answer it there so they cant cheat.

P.S - how do you put a sticker "inside" the case if it is closed?

Through 5,25" bay of course :D
Idea with that test is really good - giving such system to someone who has no idea isn't proper in my opinion.

Mabey offer him W/Cing instead. A bit easier to maintain, and a lot less risk imo. Plus he can still move it around. Get him a nice full custom setup with GPU/CPU block. No pelts, just straight water :cool:

Back