• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here's my cooler...Baker R22 Monster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Beautiful cooler.

And about low-temp damage - there were some problems after LN2 sometimes, but one guy I know runs cascade (around 40*C lower than this rig) and hasn't got problems with CPU despite running it for long time.

Last edited:
So they actually make mounting for video cards for prommy's? Oh man, i'd love to hook one up to a 6800GT or x800xt or something. link to where i can find these?

This evap hold down will work easily with 939/940/478/775. He makes a diffferent mounting system for the GPU mounts. I've got some pics, I'll have to upload them to show.

I think someone should try to mod the hose (or whatever you call it) to split off and do both cpu AND gpu...I could find it being possible, that would be awesome.

DamienKC said:
I think someone should try to mod the hose (or whatever you call it) to split off and do both cpu AND gpu...I could find it being possible, that would be awesome.

Or maybe split to 4 - CPU, NB, 2x graphics? :attn:
This would require pretty powerful compressor tho...

Baker and Bowman have both modded units that feature only one compressor with dual evaps. Bowman did it with a VapoChill LS.

The problem comes into tuning them, as they can get quite complicated. It's much easier to simply build 2 small units, one for the CPU and GPU.

BTW: Baker just finished building a SLI cooler. One single 12K BTU rotary compressor, with dual evaps...just beautiful.

Nuclear_Fuzion said:
BTW: Baker just finished building a SLI cooler. One single 12K BTU rotary compressor, with dual evaps...just beautiful.
ohhhh nice. any pics/info/links?
and yeah, it's actually pretty complicated to build multi-head systems.

Just curious, how loud is that 10k btu rotary. I use a 6k btu rotary 24/7, but its in a wooden enclosure, I couldnt imagine a 10k btu sitting bare like that? Also whats the reason this isnt able to run 24/7??

The unit is a little loud, but not unbearable. You get used to it, and it kinda lulls you to sleep :D I'll try and get vids or at least sound clips up.

This unit can't run be 24/7 mainly because of the compressor. It's a power hog, and does get a little hot after a while. My power bill would take one heck of a hike, and my ears would get tired too.

I wonder if there's a way to have such thing run silent. I don't mean only your monster (nice beast), but generally phase change system.

Well all comercially available phaser use hermetic compressors, much different than rotaries. They arent loud at all, your fridge has a hermetic in it, yah you can hear it but its not loud by any means. The rotaries are just able to pull one awsome vacumm on the low side, resulting in much lower evap temps. That and I have found the rotaries to be much cheaper in price. Everythings a trade off.

Back