• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone heard of "MicroStaff WINASPI?"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreIU

It's in Start-->All Programs-->MicroStaff WINASPI, and the only entry it has in that folder is to "uninstall." Odd. It's also in the Control Pannel Add/Remove center, adn it sayis it's 0.21MB large.

What could this be? I googled it and I got a bunch of links to some forums where people talked about digital/video cameras connected to their computer. I have both Fuji and a Kodak digital cameras installed on my computer (although I didn't really find anything about these two brands in my search).

Does anyone know what this does? My anti-spyware software don't detect anything really, so it doesnt appear to be malicious. It doesn't appear to run in the background (checked w/ ctr+alt+del). Anyone?

Know Nuttin said:
came with your Fuji camera. Part of the FinePix software.

Not really sure what it does though.

Thank's for the reply :) Do you own a Fuji camera as well? I guess since it was sintalled by Fuji, it cant really be anything harmful.

well if its related to the aspi layer then its for digital encoding. I thought that was just for audio though.

Back