• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD superpi score

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sucka said:
superpifx55.jpg

That's insane !!!!!!!!!!!, So it will take a P4 at least 6-7Ghz to equal that I guess LOL......Bring it on!!!!

I get 32sec Winne 3200+ @2750mhz

Scph9002 said:
Hrm.. so u think it´s cheating to use the prescott patch?? Isn´t i all about to se which computer that calculates a 1mb pi number as fast as posible??? So shouldn´t the app (superpi) take advantage of the whole cpu??? Well anyway without the patch I got 35 secs @ 3.7ghz and at stock speed a got 40 sec!!
What makes it cheap is that the author hacked a benchmark to make it run better on his particular system. That defeats the whole purpose of having benchmarks in the first place.

mata2974 said:
That's insane !!!!!!!!!!!, So it will take a P4 at least 6-7Ghz to equal that I guess LOL......Bring it on!!!!

Takes an EE at around 4.7-4.8 to match that, Prescott about 400mhz quicker than that.

41 sec at 278x8, ram at 232fsb 7-3-3-2.5...castrated clawhammer

EDIT: now 40 sec at same speeds...

Last edited:
Grov said:
No your ram sucks.

I got 32Sec at 10x260 10-2-2-2. :cool:

I get 34s at 266x9 2.5-3-3-10 This is 200MHz lower cpu clocks, half the cache and more relaxed ram timings. Very close to a draw :) we both got equally good cpus

I don't know. It does the above using my XP90. I may push it harder when I get a waterblock. I think I'd get better scores though if I was pushing my memory harder even with my current clockspeed. I have OCZ EL PC3200 Platinum rev 2 and it's not really working that hard at the moment.

High priority seems to help a little, depending on the number of background tasks. I knocked out absolutely everything including all the silly services XP loads.

saw somewhere that the worldrecord was 24 sec or something... it was whit an phasecooled prescott... ran at 6ghz or something... going to google for an ling now...

6Ghz for 24s? That's doesn't seem all that impressive. There are FX55s around getting 25-26s at just over 3Ghz. The test doesn't seem all that kind to Intel chips though.

Back