• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows not detecting 2nd partition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

electrorcamd

I have Windows Server 2003 EE evaluation edition installed on my computer. I have 2 hard drives, one for Linux and one for Windows; the Windows drive has two partitions. The first is NTFS, the second is FAT32. I was using Overclockix and tried to install it to my Linux drive and it didn't work. I then rebooted and did fdisk /mbr to wipe the bootloader from another os that wouldn't let Windows boot. Then when I rebooted in Windows, I couldn't get to the FAT32 partition on my Windows drive. I can mount it and browse through everything in Linux fine; the partition just won't show up in Windows.
How can I get this partition to show up?

I ran both fixmbr and fixboot; Windows still won't list the drive in My Computer.
Anything else I can try?

Edit: I think I found the problem, but I don't know if I can fix it without reformatting the FAT32 partition. When I go to the properties for the drive, then to the volumes tab, it shows both partitions. When I go to properties for the missing partition, it shows no type with a raw filesystem and a capacity of 0 bytes. Can I restore the filesystem somehow, since Linux detects it, or should I just reformat the second partition?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back