• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Meanwell Remote Sense Option

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Premmer

Is anyone using this option. Distance between supply output terminal strip and peltier will be ~ 18-inches. I question the need. If there is a regulation benefit, how practical would it be to hook the sense lines directly to the output terminal strip powering the peltier?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm not compleatly familiar with this sence thing, but I'm assuming it is something to measure the actual voltage across whatever you are powering, so you can acount for losses in the connections and lines.

There will bo some very small losses in your wires, less if you use a good thick wire. Most of the losses will occure at the junctions where things are pluged together, but if you solder on the pelt and screw down the wires to the meawell nice and tight the losses will be tiny.

Measuring the voltage at the pelt would allow finer control, but it isn't needed. You may want to run your pelt at 12V, or you may want to run it at slightly less (or more) than this. The best thing to do is to run the computer at full load and adjust the voltege to the point that gives you the best temperature. It doens't really matter what voltage this happens at, so there is no real need for the sencor.

Better get some thick wires, as 18inch at current needed for powerful TECs is pretty much. With good wires, voltage drop won't be huge, so I wouldn't care it too much.

Ven0m said:
Better get some thick wires, as 18inch at current needed for powerful TECs is pretty much. With good wires, voltage drop won't be huge, so I wouldn't care it too much.

I'll be using #13 gauge standed wire with a 50A zero-loss 2-pin connector at the peltier end. All wire termination connections will be soldered.

Last edited:
whenever you connect sense lines you get better results when you connect them as close as possible to the load. If the length is only 18 inches the improvement will be minimal at best.

Back