• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best "old" cpu (make an old system to fool with...)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dukemurmur

Like is said, I want to make an OLD system like 500mhz and 64mb of ram and so on like they used to be (use the top top top end of the old parts) and use a 226 watt water cooled tec then tec the ram and vid card...volt mods also...push it to the absolute max just to see what it or they could really do...so give me a list of parts...and when I got some cash then I will see if I can find them and make it. Lol I would like to try to break like 3k 01 marks or better...so give me a list lol

I mean all of this for real...

and for ram mobo vid card hdd and such also...i would like it to be an AMD rig but in those days there was no real diff and if any Intel was faster (sad to say...)

This probably won't OC very well, but I have an old Cyrix 686MX 233 MHz that I never even used. Pay for shipping and you can have it.

Dukemurmur said:
and for ram mobo vid card hdd and such also...i would like it to be an AMD rig but in those days there was no real diff and if any Intel was faster (sad to say...)
dunno about the rest. but the 300A's can hit SICK speeds. they have gone up to around 1 ghz with xtreme cooling.

Who said I was selling it? I said he could HAVE it. If that's not allowed, then sorry, my mistake. But nowhere did I say I was selling it.

Back