• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Way to get the prommy line to reach the mobo laying down??? (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DamienKC

The line won't even turn that way, i'm afraid if i force it it'll break or something.

May sound realy dumb, but if ya realy wanna go for caseless then mount mobo to wall beside prommy. May not be perty but will be effective. ;)

d]g[ts said:
May sound realy dumb, but if ya realy wanna go for caseless then mount mobo to wall beside prommy. May not be perty but will be effective. ;)
yea, that was gonna be my next suggestion. i'd do it.

I can't bend the line completely downwards without some force, which i'm scared to do. I would put it on the wall, but wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of caseless?

You could send the unit to Chilly, Baker, or Bowman and have them put a better and longer suction line on it. The stock ones are prone to breaking anywayz, and this would be a good reason to go ahead and replace it.

I thought about that...wouldn't that cost a couple hundred dollars though?

DamienKC said:
I thought about that...wouldn't that cost a couple hundred dollars though?
yea, shipping would be at least $40, and the mod work could be 50-100...
but if you got a better line (braided flex hose), better gas (R507/R404a) and better evap modded on (Chilly1/Baker...etc), it would be a relly nice unit...

Agreed...rhino told me doing all that would lower temps by another 10c or so...which could potentially help the o/c...Where can I get ahold of this "baker"? :p

DamienKC said:
Agreed...rhino told me doing all that would lower temps by another 10c or so...which could potentially help the o/c...Where can I get ahold of this "baker"? :p
more than 10c is likely.
Xtremesystems.org

I think that normally you are looking at around $250-$300 to have your unit regassed, re-tuned, new block, and new line. It's well worth it, the block alone is a good upgrade. Chilly and Baker both use really good mounting systems, that completely do away with seal string, so in the end you save money on that.

I see you have contacted Chilly, you can also contact Baker at XR or I have his e-mail. Just PM me.

OK, i'm pretty sure this'll work
S3010174.jpg

yes i'm aware i still have to put on the mounting stuff, i was just seeing if it would reach

is that OK?

Hehe, i know his username, i don't have that kind of money though. BUT IT REACHES is the point.

Back