Auto overclocking?

Should I auto overclock my eVGA 6800 GT? The option was found when I checked up on my card. My core GPU temp is at 52 and ambient temp goes from 34-35.

Should I do the command to auto overclock?

Just Freeze It
    Give it a try.

I would never ever Auto Overclock ANYTHING!
    ITX Gamer

a lot of the time the auto oc will be some insane setting that's probably not too wise to set with stock cooling...do it the old fashioned way, work it up slowly...just my $0.2...

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead7236
    a lot of the time the auto oc will be some insane setting that's probably not too wise to set with stock cooling...do it the old fashioned way, work it up slowly...just my $0.2...
    i agree

I agree. The autoOc usually will make the core too high. It will work, but after a few mins. of a good game, you will get artifacts or lockups. A real good way to OC is by 10%. For example: Stock 6600gt AGP, 500/900, go for 550/990 . Then inch it up a few mhz. at a time and keep an eye on temps. What I mean by a inch at a time is, try a setting for a whole day of computing/gaming, before you move it up. Just cause it runs at a certain speed doesnt mean it will for hours on end of Farcry or HL2.
    Asus M4A88TD-V Evo/USB3, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.8ghz. , G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB , MSI Hawk GTX460 Twin Frozer, Crucial M4-128 SSD for C: drive and Barracuda 160 gig. for storage.

how about the preset feature, which finds the best setting for o/c. i used that. seems fine.